+ SUNDAY BEST SHUT DOWN!Frame swp 7/15

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: + SUNDAY BEST + Seat Done 5/26

Great job on your Holy Roller seat!! Love it.

Gold Street Customs said:
If anyone is interested my sister is offering to do seat covers starting at $50 just depends on the size and pattern pm me for contact info

I don't currently have a need, but she's definitely got mad skillz. I will keep her in mind!!!

Proverbs 3:10 So your barns will be filled with plenty, And your vats will overflow with new wine.
So progress isn't going lightning speed, but I got my headset from Walker (thanks again) so at least I can actually mock up my build now. I polished up the stem and dug up the old wheels off my tandem for mock up purposes, I also had to modify the sprocket so it would fit the crank, the lock pin on the crank did not line up with this sprocket. The truss bars had to tweek to fit the shorter head tube I had to cut on the fork, I am undecided which chainguard to use, the Monark looks better but it needs more work its rough!!! let me know what you think :wink:
002-40.jpg

001-41.jpg

003-41.jpg

004-31.jpg

I also have to try to remember how this all goes back together
005-31.jpg

006-24.jpg

Re: + SUNDAY BEST + Finally got a mockup 6/3

That is one slick looking bike.

I definitely think the Monark guard is better.

I have a question for you about the front fork. I have the same one. Are there any slotted washers of something along those lines around the axle against the inside of the chrome fork? I am trying to see how to tighten the wheel down without slocking the springer function. Thanks KF.

Monark guard for sure! 8) Seat is awesome! 8)

kingfish254 said:

I have a question for you about the front fork. I have the same one. Are there any slotted washers of something along those lines around the axle against the inside of the chrome fork? I am trying to see how to tighten the wheel down without slocking the springer function. Thanks KF.
i have to find out myself, I will probably play around with washers and figure it out, will post my progress :wink:

wow way cool seat and i love the way the bike looks its one sweet ride

kingfish254 said:

i have to find out myself, I will probably play around with washers and figure it out, will post my progress :wink:

I will share too, if I figure it out.

So looks like I have my work cut out straightening the Monark guard, but gotta do it, the majority has spoken...

Get yourself one of these cobbler (shoemaker) anvils on ebay.

IMG_1116.jpg

X3 on the Monark guard. Man this thing has attuiTUDE!! That beautiful seat looks right at home too. I like how cool and laid back it is with its long springs.

006-24.jpg

Couldn't stand to see this cool build stuck in teh Brar Patch of Page 3, so you get a Brer Rabbit bump tonight.

What's new with your build????

Brer+rabbit+briar+patch.jpg

Just busy with this new job, plus trying to get caught up money wise elsewhere, I have my hubs at work and when I get time I will get the spokes cut, once I get the wheels built then it will move along alot better, thanks for the bump!!!

Good luck getting a kickstart back on your build.

We share the same fork in our builds. I have been playing around with some different solutions to make it operate smoothly. Take a look at my thread for the latest using 3/8 nylon nuts. I will keep you posted on how well it works.

Busy, busy,busy, that's all I can say, had a problem with my tank plans getting lost in the mail, finally got it back so I can get them to
Sensor who will be fabbing my tank, I also need to get some copper tubing for my C.B.O.S. ( crank bearing oiling system) and then there is my wheels I need to stop being rushed after work so I can stop and make my spokes, I only have one more side job at home to finish (complete resto of a 70 Schwinn Breeze) so God willing I will get this done....

Busy, busy,busy, that's all I can say, had a problem with my tank plans getting lost in the mail, finally got it back so I can get them to
Sensor who will be fabbing my tank, ....

Hey, I didn't know we could get other people to do our work!!! I'm gonna have to try that! :p

I worked out the details of how to get that front springer to work properly. Check out my build thread on the bottom of page 5.

Latest posts

Back