What's the next build off going to be?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's do a reverse-gender-reassignment buildoff. Everyone find a nice old boy's tank bike, chop the top tubes out, and turn them into girl's bikes. :p That'll tick off the purists!

The head to head competition would be fun, but I think Steve would lose all of his hair by the time it was over. :lol:

I have two girl's frames sitting in my shop this very moment, and I'm thinking about building a Rat Rod for my 12-year-old daughter... one frame is a 24" MTB frame, and the other is an old Murray with Schwinn 26" wheels on it... both are ugly and need to be rebuilt into something cool.

Rat Rod said:
We have a saying around here....every day is a build off. :wink:

Ding Dong....... If you want head to head buildoff, find a build buddy and create a new thread. No-stickies, no-moderation (except the normal stuff). You and your build buddy manage the rules and voting.

Hey I have an I idea. Lets have a scratch build speed contest. The fastest builder wins. he he he....I'm also a retired police officer with nothing to do. Make a few rules and somebody yell go. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cman said:
Rat Rod said:

Ding Dong....... If you want head to head buildoff, find a build buddy and create a new thread. No-stickies, no-moderation (except the normal stuff). You and your build buddy manage the rules and voting.

OH I LIKE THIS !!! :D :D :D

Who is building Barney's bike? He is ready to go.
AndyGriffithShowBarneyFifeExpressio.jpg

I can't even imagine what it would look like....black and white with a star on it and some flashing red lights. They would laugh me out of my neighborhood If I rode something like that around. We still have 10 active cops that live here. They would probably set me up for a syke evaluation...and take away my gun permit. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Uncle Stretch said:
I can't even imagine what it would look like....black and white with a star on it and some flashing red lights. They would laugh me out of my neighborhood If I rode something like that around. We still have 10 active cops that live here. They would probably set me up for a syke evaluation...and take away my gun permit. :roll: :roll: :roll:

That's the chance I'm willing to take! :mrgreen:

only draw back about the head to head build off would be this...there were 4 of them. raised by robots took the 1st,karfer took the 2nd,monster metal took the 3rd, and karfer took the 4th.......
the math doesnt add up to even builders(besides the fact that rbr hasnt been on here in forever) that would just leave monster metal and karfer against each other.......and as for online bike shows id consider this site to be one :wink:

almost forgot........
dropcover.jpg

Rat Rod said:
Before everyone gets too carried away...if I start one of these it's going to be a single theme build off...i.e. girl's bike, military bike, etc.

I just don't have the brain power or energy right now to try to keep track of who is competing against who in what category.

cman said:
Rat Rod said:

Rat Rod said:
Yeah Clancy...I think you're on to something. :wink:

What happened to keep it simple? I like the single theme idea. Like cman says everyday is a buildoff, yeah I'm all for that. If everyone is hot to trot on a head to head maybe separate area for the " Take the Head to Head Challenge ", two builders with a challenge going head to head in a single thread with no intervention from others, separate thread for cheering on, kicking the builders into play. This could get bloody. This challenge run as an unofficial build off with voting from us rats. The buddy challenge could be done any time of the year with a few going at the same time.
As Steve says a single theme once a year. I'm kinda like the steam punk idea as much as the other themes.

Have at it!

GL

Here's the Dealy-O.

1. Every year in the spring we have an official Rat Rod Bikes Build Off....no theme involved.

2. A few other times throughout the year we hold unofficial build offs that are usually based on a theme.

What is being done now with the build challenges does not really qualify as an official or unofficial build off.

This is something that anyone can do at any time for a little friendly competition...and we the members get to enjoy watching them duke it out. :wink:

Back