What's the next build off going to be?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CCR said:
Anybody wanna "duke it out" in a ratrod stingray build ?
Your an unfair advantage you'll use a 2x4 and your mullet.
by the way rent the movie "steamboy" it will give everyone a great idea of what its about.. for those who dont know.

and my thumb :mrgreen:
246hacksaw_jim_Duggan_james_duggan_5.jpg

sensor i dont think it needs to be done like that more like two guys decide they want to duel. they start threads in the bike build area with a title like (the name of the bike) grudge build. build the bike then a post with a poll is started in say other talk with a pic of each bike. vote for a week or so then a builder is decided as the winner. oh but yes befoer anything starts the two builders have to agree to rules (like pm back and forth) this way if two guys want to do a style thats cool, or maybe they just want to go full outlaw who knows. maybe they gotta paint the bikes pink. and i am low on parts right now so i am gonna stay out of this for a bit. but i think it would be fun

here i thought it was going to be a winners against winners type thing....
low on parts.....whats that like :lol:
heck im thinking of getting rid of 1 since ive started scavenging off it....

i have been scavenging off bikes for awhile. remember where the front end i used on the last build off bike came from? lol then the other half i traded for at hte swap meet. somehow i think it is kinda fun this way to build a bike on the cheap. it does make me personally think out of the box more. and nope i think it would just be whoever wants to throw down and go for it sorta thing

don't know if this has been done, but maybe something where everyone involved starts with about the same bike?

say, you annouce now, that in june a build off will start. everyone needs a so and so type bike. something really common that won't be a problem to come up with, like a mountain bike, or a cantilever beach cruiser or something. then in june you annouce what the build off will be. anything goes or a particular style, weather the frame can be cut, modded or not, or whatever particulars are set up for the contest, and see what you get.

necessaryevil said:
CCR said:
CCR said:
Anybody wanna "duke it out" in a ratrod stingray build ?

Any takers? Smack talk permitted :mrgreen:

If my car sells and I can actually find the Huffy frame I'm looking for, I'll take you on! :p
Penguin ?

i think a head to head thing between two members sounds good. like what karfer said, i think that whole thread post deal with a poll at the end would be great. each could also build some sort of trophy to give to the other. so really, we both win, but one gets the title winner. :wink:

These thread titles and OP's should probably stress the one-on-one aspect of the build for people who aren't following this thread. Otherwise I could imagine a dozen people quietly building ladies, folding, steampunk, police bikes before they realize they are not officially involved in the build. :D

maybe something where everyone involved starts with about the same bike?
I can see it now, featuring the most popular bike on cl and in thrift stores: "ALL HUFFY SEA STAR KIDDIE POLICE BURRITO RAT BUILD OFF!!!!'' :lol:

Rustinkerer said:
maybe something where everyone involved starts with about the same bike?
I can see it now, featuring the most popular bike on cl and in thrift stores: "ALL HUFFY SEA STAR KIDDIE POLICE BURRITO RAT BUILD OFF!!!!'' :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wow sorry steve looks like i started a bit of a monster with the one on one build off stuff. i was figuring we could do it two builders at a time to keep track of the bikes but its all good lol

^^^^smack talk already^^^^ :lol:
hmmmmmm.....what about team builds?
i know theres alot of guys around here that ride/hang out as well as all of you in midwesterners and east coasters :mrgreen:
dropcover.jpg

Back