When does the build off start?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you kidding!?!?!? I'm gong to build the rattiest rat you have ever seen. I have 8 years of crap to throw on this one. I can't wait.

Can we do a restoration for the build off :?: :?: It would save me some room for sure :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
Yep...usually close to May 1st and runs until August 1st.

Get your parts collection in order! :mrgreen:

i'd been looking for a frame that i could modify to take a 24x3 rear, found out i already had one that works as-is, sitting right under my nose :shock: perfect timing! lookin' forward to the part i like best- the process, with all the build journals and photos. it's hard to just gather without actually starting though...... :D

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Can we do a restoration for the build off :?: :?: It would save me some room for sure :mrgreen:

What does restoration mean? Sounds terrible?

Bendix said:
Rat Rod said:
Yep...usually close to May 1st and runs until August 1st.

Get your parts collection in order! :mrgreen:

i'd been looking for a frame that i could modify to take a 24x3 rear, found out i already had one that works as-is, sitting right under my nose :shock: perfect timing! lookin' forward to the part i like best- the process, with all the build journals and photos. it's hard to just gather without actually starting though...... :D

Pretty sure a few members had the same problem last year :wink:

Actually not expensive, I got the frame, wheels, handle bars, stem crank, chain, and a lot more things for free :mrgreen: Now you guys talked me out of it :cry:

The usual rules are

1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
2. Start a new post and use the bike name as the Subject.
3. Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure
(grinding off fender tabs and cutting seat tube height is okay, just no major frame design changes).
4. Bike must not already be built.
5. Must include before, progress, and after photos (all in one thread please)
6. Bike must be ridable.
7. Use any parts you like....mo rat = mo bettah!
8. Parts can be attached any way you wish (includes welding).
9. Paint must be applied by builder.
10. Don't ask a bunch of goofy questions trying to get around the rules...just build a cool bike.
11. KEEP IT CHEAP...remember...IT'S A RAT ROD!!!!

deorman said:
The usual rules are

1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
2. Start a new post and use the bike name as the Subject.
3. Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure
(grinding off fender tabs and cutting seat tube height is okay, just no major frame design changes).
4. Bike must not already be built.
5. Must include before, progress, and after photos (all in one thread please)
6. Bike must be ridable.
7. Use any parts you like....mo rat = mo bettah!
8. Parts can be attached any way you wish (includes welding).
9. Paint must be applied by builder.
10. Don't ask a bunch of goofy questions trying to get around the rules...just build a cool bike.
11. KEEP IT CHEAP...remember...IT'S A RAT ROD!!!!

think i will see about getting in this time. :idea:
thanks for the info. 8)

I really hope this doesn't classify as a goofy question, because I'm not interested in bending the rules. But can we do mods (structural or extreme) to parts aside from the frame, i.e, racks, tanks, handlebars?

ozzmonaut said:
I really hope this doesn't classify as a goofy question, because I'm not interested in bending the rules. But can we do mods (structural or extreme) to parts aside from the frame, i.e, racks, tanks, handlebars?
:idea: take a look in the archives. :mrgreen:

Back