When does the build off start?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
outskirtscustoms said:
I have a boatload of bikes and parts :mrgreen: , now I just need the motivation and inspiration. :roll:

The build off is motivation for me, inspiration when come when I'm done seeing everyone else's cool creations.

bighit said:
...I got a cortisone shot today and some dislocated shoulder action. 3 weeks of therapy :? good news is i will finish therapy by may 1st.

That is good to hear Bighit.
Still, we wanna see some x-rays just to verify that story of yours...
:mrgreen:

herr_rudolf said:
bighit said:
...I got a cortisone shot today and some dislocated shoulder action. 3 weeks of therapy :? good news is i will finish therapy by may 1st.

Yeah, if there's no picture, it never happened. ;)

xddorox said:
herr_rudolf said:
bighit said:

Yeah, if there's no picture, it never happened. ;)
so i hear!
hope you get better soon bighit!

bighit has to make the trophy that was my rule i started a few years ago. the previous year winner has to make the trophy for the next year build off. and man i wanna run a gold chain on mine now for some reason? :shock: where is outlaw when you want some good ol smack talk?

karfer67 said:
bighit has to make the trophy that was my rule i started a few years ago. the previous year winner has to make the trophy for the next year build off.

Is that so...?
Man.. now I do hope this years trophy will be rideable...

All fun aside:
Hope you get well soon Bighit!

My build is gonna be so "gold chain" that I'm going to pay Chip Foose to build it for me. Nope. Gonna paint it in my garage, troll the used parts bins and clearance shelves for anything I don't already have in my stash, and sand/file and grind this thing into shape myself. Last year's entry was covered in patina... this year may be a little different.

There's no way I'm gonna win; but I'm gonna have fun. I know that the convention of this board is to lean towards the "custom" end of the spectrum, but I got the low and slow out of my system with the Superleggera build.

The bike I'm going to build will absolutely still be a Rat, but I'm going to take it in the "Rod" direction.

Low and fast is what I'm aiming for; we'll see if I can hit it.

sensor said:
i wonder if this will be the year of the gold chainers? guess ill just sit back and see :mrgreen:

Gold chain, you say?

2011-04-14115914.jpg

sml2006.jpg

Been there, done that. 8)

So how many times can I get away with putting together a similar but different bike with the same frame? Mmm, best quit before I get caught. :mrgreen:

I would like to take part in this,i have some questions though.

Im not that familiar with the forum yet to know where the build off rules are at, where everyone will be hanging out on the forum while building and everything else I dont even know about to ask.

Latest posts

Back