When does the build off start?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pepper your fine you got a bit of time to gather parts. now i have to find other stuff for mine cause some of my parts ended up going on my roth. oh and for using the same parts on other year build off bikes well i am guilty of that too.

ok steve i dont think there was a yes or no last year to this. if someone wants me to pinstripe their build off bike is that cool or not? i always thought of pinstriping as an accessory not really paint per say. and in the past some builders have had parts built by others so i just need to know. have had a few pm's concerning this already and we are not even to may. its fine if its no just think there needs to be a call on this one way or another.

From what im gathering we have to show the parts we are going to use by posting our project on the build-off forum.... right

karfer67 said:
ok steve i dont think there was a yes or no last year to this. if someone wants me to pinstripe their build off bike is that cool or not? i always thought of pinstriping as an accessory not really paint per say. and in the past some builders have had parts built by others so i just need to know. have had a few pm's concerning this already and we are not even to may. its fine if its no just think there needs to be a call on this one way or another.
We need to vote on "pinstriping being an accessory Instead of a pro paintjob" as a new rule this year.

I think it would give an equal chance to those who haven't profected the pinstriping yet. But I can see how those who have would like the advanage. That's why I think we should vote.

This is the most talked about subject ever year and it never really gets answered.

Still new to this side of the forum. Doesn't rule number #9 cover pinstriping
"9. Paint must be applied by builder."

bighit said:
What about the bolt on rear suspension. Still a stock frame or not?

Yes, the frame is still intact. I learned that all frame questions can be answered by looking at entries from the last couple years. 2 frames attached together, they are still stock. Add on suspension, still stock, etc...

as long as the "bolt on" rear end does not involve cutting of the original frame then it is legal. it is a grey area i think someone last year brought up the idea of using a folding bike because you could take it apart and add whatever you wanted to the middle and as far as the rules are concerned would still be legal. again no matter how you try to make the rules there are grey areas thats why i brought up the pinstriping. personally i see it as an accessory and not the paint job on the bike. i think if anything making it truly legal will open it up like double nickle said to others who have not perfected it yet. because it would be a fair bet that those who can like myself, or say hot rod jen would have pinstriping on our bikes. actually the paint rule was started so that powder coating or "pro" car painted bikes would be kept out. does that make pinstriping "pro" and if so should it then be outlawed totally that would be the other way to handle it. i agree a poll should be done with those three choices. allow it done by others, allow it only by those who can on their own bikes, or ban it totally. dont mean to stir the pot but i have already received a few emails about it before i started talking about it and last year i had a bunch of jobs lined up for it then when a few were not sure and there was no clear answer i would not do them because i did not want to see someone get kicked out over it. ok i will step off my soap box now

I think pinstriping is okay if done by someone else.

I'm starting to remember all of the things I love so much about the build offs again...ha ha! :lol:

Rat Rod said:
I think pinstriping is okay if done by someone else.

I'm starting to remember all of the things I love so much about the build offs again...ha ha! :lol:
:wink:

I think we should go ahead and put it in the rules this year so there is no confusion when it starts.

deorman said:
Double Nickle said:
I think he means a build thread for the trophy...correct me if I'm wrong :wink:
Way to pay attention, me. :roll:
wit I'm confused...was i wrong?

OK cool. So are you planing on have the trophy done before the build off starts. It would be cool to see what we are building for. ya know? and are you entering???

bighit said:
I am full steam on the trophy. I Got the vision and almost all the parts.

I got an Elgin twin bar ready to go and my Iverson Dragstripper on deck.

But it's all about the trophy this year for me.
That's great man. I can't wait to see it! Maybe it will be done soon!!!!!

Two more weeks untill the official start!

so then pinstriping is in cool thanks steve hey the build off is fun and serious sometimes thats the name of the game. i dont mean to be a pain in the u know what it just works out that way :lol:

Back