Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. frankthetank62

Olds Cool

I am digging the Oldsmobile theme! Can't wait to see the tail lights all lit up!
  2. frankthetank62

Firestone Bagger Tandem

Nice tires! I used the same tires on one of my Schwinns and I really like how they look.
  3. frankthetank62

1961 Schwinn Spitfire Barn Find

Decided to run a different seat and some apes. Also started cleaning the frame with scotchbrite and glass cleaner. I was surprised by how much red came through the rust.
  4. frankthetank62

Picked up a parts bike today. It's a 26" 1967 Huffy Corvair, I robbed the wheels from it for the time being and eventually work on it later (it is too nice too part out in my opinion). After some soap and water: Wheels from the Corvair on the Spitfire. Better lighting to come shortly...
  5. frankthetank62

New project bike I bought at an estate sale for $10. It had been in a barn for the last 30 years or so and has gathered some nice patina over time. I plan to neutralize the rust and clear coat it. Picked up the Columbia for $8 too Also pumped to use my new work stand! No more workin on...
  6. frankthetank62

Schwinn Collegiate Board Tracker

The 700C rims should fit because the front wheel on my collegiate is a 27" and the 700C is a little smaller than the 27"
  7. frankthetank62

Evil twin Build ---DONE----

Re: Evil twin Build Awesome job on the taillight!
  8. frankthetank62

Schwinn Collegiate Board Tracker

My latest project is a 1968 Schwinn Collegiate that somebody put on the curb. It didn't have brakes, handlebars or pedals when I picked it up and the front tire was shot. So far I have put on some bars and pedals I had laying around and a new front tire. I also started shining up the chrome...
  9. frankthetank62

'64 Spaceliner SS - 9/11 - DONE!!

Re: '64 Spaceliner SS - 8/19 Those wheels are awesome! The bike has a nice flow.
  10. frankthetank62

COPPERTONE MOTO

man that is cool!
  11. frankthetank62

Rust-DX- DONE!

Awesome bike!!!
  12. frankthetank62

FINISHED!!!...30s Aero Flyer Board Tracker...

Very cool! I love the paint can lid number plate and I think I may use that on the board tracker project I am working on now!
  13. frankthetank62

Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser

So I got the new tires mounted up. I originally was trying to find a set that were similar to what was original to the bike but I was having trouble finding anything with the same tread pattern in a gumwall. Then I stumbled upon these Bell Streamliner tires and instantly knew that they were the...
  14. frankthetank62

Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser

Thanks Wildcat that classic add is pretty cool! It is also good to know that the bike is worth a little bit but it isn't going anywhere since it is one of the few things I have from my grandpa.
  15. frankthetank62

Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser

This was another good website for decoding serial numbers: http://re-cycle.com/History/schwinn/SwnB_Serial.aspx
  16. frankthetank62

Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser

After some research I determined that the bike was built in Chicago in March of 1980. I found this website to be pretty handy for decoding the serial number: http://oldroads.com/sh_sn.asp
  17. frankthetank62

Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser

Thanks everyone! The headlight is just an amber fog light I picked up at a swap meet and I utilized the mounting bracket on the light to mount it to the stem. The light is a 6 volt and I tested it before I put it on the bike and it should light up as soon as I get the generator on. The lens is...
  18. frankthetank62

Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser

I pulled my grandpa's old Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser out of the barn where it sat for at least the last ten years and spruced it up last weekend. My grandpa bought it new but I do not know what vintage it is. I am assuming that it is not very old based on the pedals and reflectors but if anyone...
  19. frankthetank62

Saturday Night Special

Well I needed a bike to tool around campus with so last Saturday I decided to piece together a bike. I started with a few parts bikes I had. 27" roadbike tire on the front and 24" on the rear. Peeled all the decals. Then i decided the mountain bike handle bars weren't going to work so I...
Back