Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. blsm

Cruiser eTailer sites

It's been a decade-ish since I've built a cruiser and lurked on this board. A couple projects came my way so it's time to scratch that old itch. However, it seems like all the parts websites / manufacturers I can remember are gone now. Everything else I found on Google has a horrible selection...
  2. blsm

1937 Bottle Cage

3. blsm

***** S.P. Chelsea Creeper *****

I'm starting with a Worksman Industrial Newsboy that used to be a parts runner at a local Boeing plant. This is going to have an English café racer theme. The main guideline I am setting for myself will be: this is bicycle in all form and function. Of course it has to look cool, but I'm not...
  4. blsm

Felt Apehanger Q's

I've sent an email to Felt regarding this over a week ago but haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know the measurements of their straight apehanger handlebar? The main thing I need to know is if it has a 7/8" clamp area. Thanks.
  5. blsm

Greenwood Car Show

This year's Greenwood Car show is on Saturday June 27 in north Seattle. My apartment is right in the middle of this, and I was thinking of putting a couple bicycles in the driveway. If anyone else is interested in this, let me know. It would be cool to have a a few cruisers lined up. There is...
  6. blsm

Swagger

I have yet to actually complete any bike I enter in build-off. Hopefully that will change here. :wink: My last roommate Cindy works in an autobody shop. Some guy who quit years ago started to make a lowrider out of this Huffy cantiliever frame but left it half finished. After all that time...
  7. blsm

Soyuz72

Here's my Spaceliner as I bought it a couple months ago: I had a pretty good idea of how I wanted this to progress, but ran into some problems over the weekend. The horn/light batteries inside the tank exploded (probably long before I was born) leaving a giant corroded mess. So when I went...
  8. blsm

Does anyone make vinyl metalflake cruiser saddles?

I'd like to get a cruiser seat that has the same look as the metalflake banana seats. Pleats not necessary. Does anyone know of a supplier that makes them new, or is my best bet just to get a cheapie spring seat and have it recovered?
  9. blsm

I finally got my hands on a Spaceliner!!!

I've really been wanting to build up a Spaceliner for a while. I have had almost every detail rattling around in my head for months. Yesterday on CL I found this for an unbelievable price. My good camera is out of power, so I had to use my phone. I'm glad every other Spaceliner I've tried...
  10. blsm

The Voorhees

chhhhh...chhhhh...chhhh... chhhh...... ahhhh.......ahhhhh.........ahhhhhhhhhhh.......... chhhhhhhh.......chhhhhh..chhhhhhhhhhh.........
  11. blsm

Cool Manchu: Finished pics (9/10)

I can't think of a good name, so I might as well ripoff the Supersuckers. God bless crappy camera phones. This is my first vintage/rat build and right now is about 85% done. The frame was billed on CL as a 1937 Hiawatha but came with the 1/2" pitch gearing (the bottom bracket bearings have...
  12. blsm

Miss Bad Reputation

I picked up an old girl's Stingray for a song off of Craig's List last night: When I'm done, this little kitten is going to deserve her own Suicide Girls spread :P The lowrider fork is definitely the first to go. Not just by choice - the lower bearing was broken up and made huge gouges in...
  13. blsm

The Camp Swampy Cruiser

My practice bike went pretty well, so now its time to make something that counts. This is a Schwinn Jaguar 7 speed I bought a few months ago with a cheap handlebar swap done last week. A new (wanna-be retro) bicycle may make some people here cringe, but I'd rather save myself the...
  14. blsm

Me

I'm Thom, a frieght train conductor in Seattle. This was supposed to be the summer that I begin restoration on my old car, but gas prices have pretty much put the kibosh on that idea. So in order to keep me from just sitting around playing video games and getting fatter, I decided to customize a...
Back