Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

Nitro Rail (w/ Discount Promo Codes)

The super small front wheel concerns me a bit. Great on new pavement but I would hate to meet a pothole of any size. This bike is for kids right?
  2. D

"I WISH YOU SOLD ________"

Tires are the one thing builders can't make in the garage. I think it would be cool to see a 24x3 slik tire, that looked like the ones on old banana seat bikes. flat with no tread at all, just bigger. Everyone is making handlebars now, and you can get em made to your design even. I don't...
  3. D

Chip Foose bikes

I think that Chip Foose had little say in designing this. have you ever seen Migargis "Royal" cruiser, which looks a heck of a lot like the Dutch Basman. Migargi is not known for its original designs. This is a paid endorsement . It's like Al Unser and Johnny Lighting cars. Or Evel Knevil...
  4. D

THE FRITZ FIFTY - LIMITED EDITION STING-RAY

When the buying power of the American wage was greater, that is when we had far less income disparity, America could make a reasonable bike and pay it's factory workers decently. Our bicycle companies were lobbied out of existence when tariff's protecting our workers from foreign dumping got...
  5. D

Who has had chrome plating done? Where and how much?

When I think of chrome I think of John Brians crazy bike. I can't imagine what this must have cost? Someone here said 100 bucks for a front sprocket? I think we will see less and less chrome being done as time goes on.
  6. D

PG bike frames?

PG = Pimp Garage. forerunner of Ruff Cycles out of Germany. Funky cruiser frames?
  7. D

Industrial bike chain

Wipperman IG8 grinding chain made for BMX. Wicked wicked chain, and very hard to find now.
  8. D

Any huffy musle bike experts around?

CS stands for cheater slick, a mid range offering sold in department stores etc. It looks like it has a BMA sticker on the seat post tube, these started being used in 1970 or 1971 I think.
  9. D

THE FRITZ FIFTY - LIMITED EDITION STING-RAY

They should have done a repro of a '65 coppertone S/D Sting-Ray. Or a '63 with a Polo style seat. I would like to know what "portion" of the profits goes to Alzheimer's research.
  10. D

26x3" 72-hole wheel...looking for the right tire

Kenda Kraze. 26x3. but not white wall. http://www.chopperdome.com/parts/tires/ ... inner-tube
  11. D

love the Sting Ray, but...

Like Luke said the best evidence we have available shows the Huffy Penguin was first and the Stingray was second. After the Schwinn bike was a national success every other company jumped on the band wagon. There was a bike book that said the first banana style bike was made in 1962 but that...
  12. D

Steam Punk, comrade!

My anti-virus stopped a "blackhole exploit" on that link, just to let you know.
  13. D

US Cycle Rims vs. Behind Bar Inc. Rims (Also Shimano Hub?)

Single wall rims make drilling more spoke holes a lot easier. The double wall rims may be a little stronger, but for street use this will not be an issue. Dorian
  14. D

Surly discontinued the black floyd!

The 2 currently available Black Floyd tires are being replaced with 1 new Black Floyd tire of slightly different specifications. :wink:
  15. D

That is a lucky break, I would say you were lucky to find them. And if there are any more out there they will soon be snapped up by people who never thought they had to worry about availability. Surly must have made this decision a while ago. And it sure didn't take long for the limited...
  16. D

I can't find a single store that still has them, it didn't take long for them to disappear. Too bad, they were the perfect monster bike tire. They were the only ones that didn't look "off road" :cry:
  17. D

Built vs Put together ??

I like to see classic frames with custom made forks and other parts put on. Especially springer forks, like the leaf spring jobs. A big part of RatRod bikes is what you ad to the coolest original frame you can find. This is where I look for the hand made parts. I want to see the repainted or...
  18. D

Knee-action fork too softly sprung, solutions?

The early homemade BMX bikes with Schwinn springer forks often got automotive valve springs put on to replace the weak originals.
  19. D

New source for springs

I don't think those springs would be a safety hazard, I would be more worried about poor welds on the frame and forks. Even if a spring did break on most classic type springers (like Harleys) there is usually a bolt up the center of the springs. I think those springs would probably just be way...
  20. D

Built vs Put together ??

People often have a combination of hand made parts and off the shelf parts on their bikes, especially ratrods and other custom bikes, the ratio depends on the owner. All I know is that nobody makes their own tires, so no complete bike is completely home made. This bike has a lot of fabbed...
Back