Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. L

cycles U S 20% off sale Tomorrow

Thanks! Is there a discount code to put in to get the discount?
  2. L

Old Eastern European bikes?

WWI era Bulgarian Bike pictures. If they post right....
  3. L

Old Eastern European bikes?

I'm getting ready to go to Bulgaria for a few weeks. I like to poke around antique shops and such there. Any idea if there would be any interesting bike stuff to find there? I'm thinking old lights, bells, seats. I've been there a number of times, but not since I got back into bikes. A websight...
  4. L

CUSTOM CAST HEADBADGES- Now Mounted 3-16

Fun idea. Stain glass supply stores sell an acid designed to put a nice patina on lead. It may look nice with the other black details on the bike. I have been thinking about doing some lost wax casting, but maybe I have been overthinking it.
  5. L

Saddle, what you got??

6. L

Is it spring yet ?

uh, yep. That would be it.
  7. L

nexus 3 speed coaster

dunno, but I'm trying a Simplex stick shift on one this weekend.
  8. L

Is it spring yet ?

Texas is great, but there is a downside. I'll tell you about it when summer roles around...
  9. L

flake paint

Wow Trash, that came out great! It looks like a big money paint job.
  10. L

flake paint

This is the clear stuff I was talking about. http://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-Effex ... B000WFATHM
  11. L

painting

are you sanding with a sanding block, or holding the paper in your hand? bondo should be invisible. I put a few coats of primer over the bondo and do light block sanding before paint.
  12. L

Some changes to the Flightliner

Looks like a fun ride. Tell me more about the motor please. 4 stroke? what size? How much $$? centrifical clutch?
  13. L

flake paint

Here's how my try with the auto parts store flake clear came out. I like went over black. It looks better in person (of course..)
  14. L

one day 30% off sale at choppersUS

Well thanks guys, you saved me some bucks there.
  15. L

flake paint

I sprayed some fenders with that flake clear. On top of white paint the results were so-so, but on top of black it really looks cool. I will try to post up some pictures tomorrow.
  16. L

Houston swap meet 2/21/10

I went this am and enjoyed. Good folks there. It's funny that Houston is such a big city, and you keep bumping into the same "bike people". I'm still too new to this to know exactly what good prices are, but I was mostly happy with the prices. People knew what the had. I appreciate rare pre-war...
  17. L

Yea I saw the Conroe thing too. I think I may pass on the auto swap meet this weekend, and wait till the Traders Village swap meet next month.
  18. L

Impakt Sidehack

You have to bring your kids up right in this world, with good priorities, like how to corner fast on a hack. :D she is a 1 year old, and loves riding on the back of a cruiser, and I am working on setting up my trike so she can ride on the back of that.
  19. L

Impakt Sidehack

The old drag for me is that it would take the space of 3 bikes in the garage. I bet it would be a piece of cake to mount a child seat on that platform though. Baby daughter would be digging that! Maybe I could set up a large basket that used the same mounting holes as the child seat.
  20. L

I've heard they do these every 3 months or so. I've never gone. I'll go this time. http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/ ... cobeef.jpg
Back