Fugsley - MO FATTA MO BETTA - Believe it or Not -TRADED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley Maiden Voyage Photos and Videos

I have brakes now. The frame in forks are not in the way.
Well, I should say, I have front brakes. WIth all of my parts, I don't have a long enough rear brake cable yet.
I am going to go out and enjoy this amazing weather with my safer big ride.
I think this afternoon/evening is "Picnic on the Park" with more live music.
I guess I will have to share some more smiles with this bike. :D

kingfish254 said:
I have brakes now. The frame in forks are not in the way.
Well, I should say, I have front brakes. WIth all of my parts, I don't have a long enough rear brake cable yet.
I am going to go out and enjoy this amazing weather with my safer big ride.
I think this afternoon/evening is "Picnic on the Park" with more live music.
I guess I will have to share some more smiles with this bike. :D

And again, of your cycle friendly area, I am jealous.

Just got back from my first ride all the way down to our River Street. The bike did well on the cobble stones.
I talked with a couple of different sets of Harley bikers and told them that I stole their wheels.
One little girl said, Mommy look at that big motorcycle!!

I have to say the brake is more of a deterrent, than a real brake at this point. But it does help.

I think the music is starting on the park soon, so I am going to head down there.
The Savannah Bicycle Campaign is manning a free bike valet parking for people with some homemade portable racks.

Yooth, downtown is very bike friendly and I don't take that for granted.

Here are some photos from today's ride down to the River and around town and the Picnic in the Park.
Losts of photos, but I was having fun with Fugsley. Notice the liquid level indicator.

Photo_A3E4BAA4-39BE-3356-A178-236E4345D9F7.jpg

Photo_E856C971-2F1D-4F37-7A6E-481A7467D7C8.jpg

Photo_16713DF8-4683-904F-2FDD-3C16F16B3F28.jpg

Photo_0DF5680F-0FD1-9BE4-81B0-705548D06237.jpg

Photo_D736BB91-C409-6C6C-269C-47046188B2D1.jpg

Photo_E6D78765-888B-C67E-0F53-F05E4E1B775A.jpg

Photo_2E7A665D-B9CE-844A-9AE2-787128BC7C38.jpg

Photo_38C9C502-FBB9-F041-6681-BBFE3298CFD4.jpg

Photo_3C514770-A207-AB65-C1BB-CBD686E15B35.jpg

Photo_DD6A66FC-472C-8D65-9D78-2D5547E91FA3.jpg

Photo_23C817EF-F9D5-4051-D0A3-FCD91279FDC3.jpg

Park
Photo_0F0BA447-6ED4-547C-C62C-833386DF1AD3.jpg

You never know what you will see in Savannah. This person was dressed up like Twisted Sister for a contest on the park. I couldn't resist getting him to pose on Fugsley. Bizarre!!!!
Photo_83C9101C-101A-8AE3-4CD2-059EC6FA0578.jpg

you are havin too much fun with this bike. ya need to send it to me. I assure ya I won't have any fun with it.lol.

Outlaw 8)

Make no mistake about it.
There is no way that that last photo is me or anyone that I know!!!!!!!
Just want to be CLEAR!!!!! about that!!!

This thing definitely needs more braking power. Once I get the longer cable to reach the rear brake, it should help. The front helps, but is more of a deterrent than a brake. There is just sooooo much mass with this bike. I think it would tip the scales close to 70 POUNDS!!!!!! But I still road it around town for 4-5 hours today. Probably 3-3.5 riding time.

Good Grief Man, Get Some Grips Already! haha

Looks great, even with that mass, the gearing must make it a breeze to cruise around on, and unlike the Sand Rover, you've got a better riding position.

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - More photos around Savannah

KIngfish,
I've spent hours looking through the 18 pages of your bike build, and I'm very impressed. You did some exceedingly high quality mock-ups, and thought this out so thoroughly. It's a beaut, and it works!

I'd be interested to know how it does in the sand, and to see it with your final paint. Congratulations on a fine job!

P.S. A longer video would be nice, too.

P.P.S. If it is possible to add one, you might consider a disc brake to slow the beast down!

Thanks for the compleiments everyone. Road the bike down the nearby LBS yesterday to get a long brake cable. They didn't know what to think of Fugsley (in a good way). They compared it to the Sun Spyder that they used to have in the shop.

Haven't bothered with grips yet, because I may modify the handlebars.

The riding position is the same as a normal Dahon, just a lot higher up.

I am glad that I had the waiting time on this build. First for the second OCC rear end and then for the welding. It really gave me time to think through the design and ellicit (sp) from yooth, josh, jake, and other RRBers.

Paint will come later. I might make it down to the beach this weekend with it. Disc brake really isn't an option with these wheels.

By the way, I picked up two more OCC's today and stopped by the Harley dealer and found a matching pair of WHITEWALLS!!! These will all go towards my future chopper trike build.

Photo_29EE9B8D-BFFC-3E20-A228-9055696D476D.jpg

Photo_A5C79923-5B95-EE60-CB74-ADC897DAAAF7.jpg

Photo_9BC6CDF3-4CC4-A40C-91BE-CA2A75C12865.jpg

Those WWs look sweet. My tire supplier gave me a 16" wheel off of a Goldwing, it't really wide and I will have to get creative to make it the drive wheel. I don't have another wheel for it, so I'm making up other ideas in my head. I don't like choppers yet I'm planning one... :|

I could have also gotten a pair of 130mm blackwalls, but I liked the WW better.

kingfish254 said:
Disc brake really isn't an option with these wheels.
You can give Fugsley a disc brake in the front, even simply bolt it on if ya don't want to weld . . . and in the rear with a new, $30 hub. :wink:
Glad to see how much fun yer having with it . . . that's the whole point! :)

I don't know if you would still like a cooler on the back, but I'd like to recount an experience of mine that might interest you.

A buddy and I built a stretched bike ala "Day 6". They make theirs with the Lady's style frame, we made this out of two 26" Mens mountain bike frames. I made up a seat with a back on it and took it for a spin. I got off and mounted again in the usual Men's bike style, hefting the leg over the seat. Then I found out why Day 6 uses the Lady's style when my calf caught the seat back I and ended up in a pile on top the bike in the middle of the road!

In other words, anything mounted behind the seat which is higher than the seat necessitates changing the bike mounting technique you've used since childhood. :)

Popcorn said:
. . . anything mounted behind the seat which is higher than the seat necessitates relearning the bike mounting technique you've used since childhood. :)
No re-learning needed . . . when ya go fer a ride, just dress like Twisted Sister as a reminder! :lol:

Fireproof said:
kingfish254 said:
Disc brake really isn't an option with these wheels.
You can give Fugsley a disc brake in the front, even simply bolt it on if ya don't want to weld . . . and in the rear with a new, $30 hub. :wink:
Glad to see how much fun yer having with it . . . that's the whole point! :)

I don't think there are many 4" wide $30 hubs out there.

Fireproof said:
Popcorn said:
. . . anything mounted behind the seat which is higher than the seat necessitates relearning the bike mounting technique you've used since childhood. :)
No re-learning needed . . . when ya go fer a ride, just dress like Twisted Sister as a reminder! :lol:

No Twisted Sister suit needed. Look how high the Dahon seat is. I don't plan to have a cooler that will be taller than that. But I get your point. Take a look at my BEER RUN bike, no way am I going to sling my leg across the back of that.

Latest posts

Back