▀▄▀▄▀▄ 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘌𝘋𝘍𝘐𝘚𝘏 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘊𝘐𝘈𝘓 ▄▀▄▀▄▀ ( or... How To Turn Your Cycle Truck Into A Supercharged Cycle Car Racer Using Two Kiddie Cars)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I have a governor housing for a truck-mounted generator that looks very much like a small supercharger. I think it may be the perfect size for your "blown drag mill".

Thanks man, but this already has a supercharger with a Mickey Mouse belt pattern. :D

1687352191664.png

The Kleenex box with a built-in blower is nothing to sneeze at.
It's naughty.
Valve covers obviously panned out well, so I'll take the liberty to suggest a muffin pan exhaust manifold with dual exhaust/tail light combo.
Perhaps a couple of old tapered/flare able leg (or kids baseball bats?) with length TBD will work to scale and flow with frame. Shorty drag pipes or full twins shooting out under the seat.
Maybe with flashing speed holes.
A tank/plate and frame could offer support for any extended pipes.
An ironic name change idea with the Muffin pan mod and existing equipment and would be 'The Loafer'.

Fun and cool ideas. I could see the pipes looking cool, but I don't want to copy what I did last year.

1687352680572.png

I sincerely hope you keep going in this direction, 'cause it already looks awesome!

Thanks, I like it so far too. It fits and flows well in my head.

I'm wondering if you could make that light shine through the grill...

That is a possibility, if I cut out the solid plastic grill and replaced it with some other true grille like material.

This build is the embodiment of Rat Rod bikes. :cool:

It's always fun making bike parts out of random stuff you find.

Good to see the return of the kiddie car.

Now push the engine back to the sheet metal, add the nose to the front and you're in like Flynn!

It's fun how these builds take you in different directions then sometimes bring you back closer to your original idea, but with improvements. These journeys are always fun.
The motor probably won't be all the way back to the car body, but I'll find a way to extend it by making a firewall or something. But the goal is the make it flow well together.

I like this look. Seems wide, but still like it a lot. Good move on adding it and cutting it in. 👍 👍

It's really not too wide at all. I didn't have to ride bowlegged or anything unusual. I just pedaled as normal. It definitely reminded me of my Greaser ebike tank in shape and scale.

1687353616509.png

That's looking a whole lot better!

Thanks for the feedback on the car body. It helped push me.

The Kleenex box with a built-in blower is nothing to sneeze at.
It's naughty.
Valve covers obviously panned out well, so I'll take the liberty to suggest a muffin pan exhaust manifold with dual exhaust/tail light combo.
Perhaps a couple of old tapered/flare able leg (or kids baseball bats?) with length TBD will work to scale and flow with frame. Shorty drag pipes or full twins shooting out under the seat.
Maybe with flashing speed holes.
A tank/plate and frame could offer support for any extended pipes.
An ironic name change idea with the Muffin pan mod and existing equipment and would be 'The Loafer'.
Hahaha! :rofl:

@late for dinner , I miss your humor and your contributions to this Forum! Good to hear from you again!

Any chance at a late entry for BO 18 .... ? There are 41 days left to 'build something cool and have fun doing it'.

It's always fun making bike parts out of random stuff you find.
For me that's the best part in ratrodding bicycles!
Flea market, Ikea, DIY-store, thrift shop, street finds, ... That's where the coolest bike parts come from! 😎

Sliced a channel in the kleenex block and then another in the suoercharger. I don't want to cut into the air scoop though.

20230621_122803.jpg
20230621_122812.jpg
20230621_122826.jpg
20230621_122833.jpg
20230621_123908.jpg
20230621_123953.jpg
20230621_123959.jpg

Hahaha! :rofl:

@late for dinner , I miss your humor and your contributions to this Forum! Good to hear from you again!

Any chance at a late entry for BO 18 .... ? There are 41 days left to 'build something cool and have fun doing it'.

Hi OddJob,
Thanks for the kind greeting and invitation to join in the festivities.
Since recently becoming self diagnosed with an extreme case of Chronic Bicycle Attention Deficit Disorder, I think it truly best that that I calmly tend to my current half dozen unfinished bicycle builds before starting another.
Thank you for your understanding of why I excused myself from participating at this time.
Happy Build Off To All,
And To All A Great Ride.

Finally found my Schwinn Stik Shift and did a quick placement mockup before removing the car body.

20230624_115904.jpg
20230624_125310.jpg
20230624_125314.jpg
20230624_125317.jpg
20230624_125325.jpg
20230624_125334.jpg

Removed the car body and test mocked the placement of the Stik Shift.

20230624_125538.jpg
20230624_130533.jpg
20230624_130536.jpg
20230624_130542.jpg
20230624_130553.jpg
20230624_130605.jpg

Where's the soup can?
ya it needs a big moon shine type gas tank or it's not a true gasser type build. but make it a real working tank. so you can use a straw to siphon / sip out your choice of beverage to stay hydrated.

ya it needs a big moon shine type gas tank or it's not a true gasser type build. but make it a real working tank. so you can use a straw to siphon / sip out your choice of beverage to stay hydrated.

We'll see how the space pans out once i get the engine and grill laid out. Currently, I'm thinking there won't be one out front, but who knows. Just have to see how things flow.

Needs a bigger stick everything else hides it almost

Had to get a pipe strap to clamp the StikShift to the top bar. I don't feel like its too small at all. If it was any taller it wouldn't be practical with the steering wheel. There will be a cutout in the top of the car body to slide over the shifter.

20230624_203002.jpg

Had to get a pipe strap to clamp the StikShift to the top bar. I don't feel like its too small at all. If it was any taller it wouldn't be practical with the steering wheel. There will be a cutout in the top of the car body to slide over the shifter.

View attachment 238196
I see what your saying would hit the steering wheel looking at it closer it is pretty high once it's coming out of the tank won't look so small

I never doubted you, as I’ve seen so many of your finished projects. Some of the turns this build took had me puzzled, but now it’s clear…. This is turning out great!

Trust me, I get puzzled sometimes by the twists and turns that a build takes too. Never know what it is gonna be until the end. :D :D

I see what your saying would hit the steering wheel looking at it closer it is pretty high once it's coming out of the tank won't look so small

I just taped it to the side of the tank to get the general vibe of the flow. I think it will look cooler once it's popping out of the body.

View attachment 238196
In this photo it’s hard to tell if the bike is quite small or very tall. Something with the smaller front wheel vs the long head tube. Like an optical illusion or an impossible figure. I love it

Latest posts

Back