█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/12 Floating MF Tank???

raggedjim said:
I'm not feeling it, too many lines intersecting the headtube for me.

I like the idea, but not on this particular build.

Rg

You may be right. I had to try it. I may even mark it up red in photoshop to see if that makes any difference. I have a couple of backup battery ideas for the front lights. The weekend is here to work them out.

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/14 Spinal Schwartz Tap Speedo

Making good progress on decisions and work today. But also just found out that I have my own copy of "The World's Fastest Indian" coming from my SwapaDVD wishlist.

I couldn't figure out any way to open up the speedo, so I cut open the rear. This actually opens up another idea I had for the speedo.

Any way I plan on redoing the dial a bit. May the Spinal Schwartz Tap be with you.

WP_002316.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/14 Likkered Up Power Pack

I am planning on using this stainless flask as my battery pack for the rear spring and guard lights. Guess where the switch is gonna be?

I think I can get by with a pair of 9V batteries to for the two 4 light LED strips.

WP_002314.jpg

At first I was thinking about cutting it down a little and using it between the kickstand and tire.

WP_002324.jpg

But then I remembered about my floating logo. Well it won't float anymore, but it will only be supported from the bottom.

WP_002318.jpg

WP_002320.jpg

I also got the dogleg and star ring on (thanks jpromo). I finally bolted up (NO TAPE) the chainguard and checked it for chain and crank clearance. No Problems!!

WP_002317.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/14 New LEDs FIRE IN THE HOLE

I picked up a pair of thinner 4 LEDs sets for the Rear spring and the guard. I taped them into place and then also mocked up the metal backshroud that I will install on the backside fo the chainguard to contain the light.

FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!!!

WP_002329.jpg

WP_002328.jpg

OMG that chainguard is so cool. Everything on the bike is cool, love it!

Peatbog said:
That chainring is cool. Pretty fancy battery holder too.

I'm bettin' chain guards similar to that start popping up everywhere )like maybe on one of my future builds(.

Thanks peat, there will probably be some small red highlight on the ring stars.
It's gonna be fun making that flask work.
Getting closer to painting and wrapping up the guard.

carltheswede said:
gosh that chainguard is so cool. Everything on the bike is cool, love it!

Wow carl, I am honored to have your first post be praise for my build!!! Thanks a lot and welcome to RRB!!!!

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/14 Chainguard EvilEye Backplate

This update brought to you by Shiner Wild Hare Pale Ale - Something sure looks familiar about this label!!!!

WP_002337.jpg

Drilled and dremelled out the evil eye for the guard and added more red book report plastic behind it.

WP_002331.jpg

WP_002332.jpg

I don't want the chainguard LEDs to spray light all over the bike, so I am building a backplate out of some yard sale flashing I bought.
I don't have all of the cool machines that Peatbog has, so here is a look at my sheet brake (trusty yard sale vise).

WP_002333.jpg

WP_002334.jpg

Broke out my soldering iron for the first time in about 10 years. The six LEDs were too concentrated and I saw that you could cut it in half and solder wire to join the two sections. This should allow better light dispersment.

WP_002335.jpg

Just waiting overnight for the adhesive to dry. I hope to find time to paint the guard soon. I have some enamel paints ready.

I must say, if I saw your bicycle rolling by at a car show or cruise-in my jaw would definately drop.

MattBiker said:
I must say, if I saw your bicycle rolling by at a car show or cruise-in my jaw would definately drop.

WOW!!!!! That is a super cool compliment!!!! Thanks dude, that made my night!!!!!
I still aint done yet, but the cool part is kicking back in again.
Thanks again!!!!

Man your bike is really turning out nice :shock: :shock: The headlights,tail lights,chainguard,battery pack,speedo etc. etc. are ridiculous 8) 8) 8)
Can't wait to see this beast come together in the next couple weeks :!:
The eye in the chainguard is brilliant :wink: My favorite detail.

Glad you nixed the floating tank.Floating tanks are dumb :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peatbog said:
That glowing evil eye is a crazy idea! Cool, man.

Thanks peat, I kinda got the idea from the orignial FT photo. They hav one of the vent holes in the center of the eye.

flying-tiger-plane-garry-gay.jpg

Circa Cycles said:
Man your bike is really turning out nice :shock: :shock: The headlights,tail lights,chainguard,battery pack,speedo etc. etc. are ridiculous 8) 8) 8)
Can't wait to see this beast come together in the next couple weeks :!:
The eye in the chainguard is brilliant :wink: My favorite detail.

Glad you nixed the floating tank.Floating tanks are dumb :lol: :lol: :lol:

Circa, thanks a lot for the kudos!! Glad you like it.
I'm actually think I am sticking with the spotlight though. I'll decide today. I just haven't found a spot that I am completely happy with the double lights, and all of the other lights choices just never talked to me. This is gonna be my rider, so I need to go with my gut with what I like the best.
Glad you're digging the other details. It's fun making this goofy stuff work together!!!!

Got the back plate finished on the chainguard and tested.
The lights are as bright as the show in this photo. The louvers and eye have a nce red glow.

WP_002343.jpg

WP_002345.jpg

kingfish254 said:

That is super cool! It looks amazing! :D 8) I want a picture of it at night!?

char said:
That is super cool! It looks amazing! :D 8) I want a picture of it at night!?

I am going to paint the flying tiger before I put the guard back on.
Not sure if that will happen this week or not. Got a biz tip coming up.

Fun weekend. I feel like I got a lot done and decided on even though all of it didn't get posted.

raggedjim said:
Great idea with the eye!

Are you painting this bike or was I mistaken? If so you better start stripping!

Rg

Glad you like the eye. It will look cooler once I paint it in along with the mouth.

I am going to clean up the chrome frame and make it shiny.
The parts that I am painting anodized red are the front forks and truss bars, and the rear suspension frame parts. Along with some red accents elsewhere.

The chrome isn't as good on the seat tube, so I was even thinking of painting it red to help tie it all together. Not sure on that part though.

No way is my frame going to look new, but the chrome should clean up pretty well overall.
But that is what makes it a rat. Got to have some "character"!!!!

Back