█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/27 More Paint and Pointy Stuff

Contined work on the whisky flask battery pack. Yesterday I ground down some wooden dowels. Today I cut them down and installed them.

WP_000069.jpg

You can see that my flask cut wasn't parallel with the base and it has a gap at one end. I am going to live iwth the slanted cut and I used some of my trusty foil tape on one of the dowels to camo the gap.

WP_000071.jpg

WP_000073.jpg

WP_000074.jpg

WP_000076.jpg

WP_000077.jpg

WP_000078.jpg

WP_000079.jpg

Finished JBWelding the 53 Ford wings to the 54 Chevy eagle. The Ford wings are pitted bad and don't have any chrome left. I maxked off the eagle chrome and first coated the wings with the Metalcast ground coat and thought about clearcoating, but decided to go with the Metalcast red instead.

WP_000080.jpg

WP_000081.jpg

WP_000082.jpg

WP_000083.jpg

WP_000084.jpg

I bought the RRB 007 Headbadge with some bicycle flip money. This is a chrome bike with anodized red accent paint. The plain brass wasn't cutting it for a headbade.

WP_000086c.jpg

WP_000087.jpg

WP_000092.jpg

I am going to try may had and exacto and exposes select areas of the brass.

Is that your Vette in the alley? If not, the owner is probably going to wonder about the little shiny red dots all over it. :eek:

kingfish254 said:
Got home from "Sale" ing and tried out RickJawa's suggestion to resolve the foggy Metalcast. The 1000 grit wetsand and polishing definitely help a great deal, but wasn't complete for my issues. So I scuffed it with some 800 and recoated it again. Perfect!!! Peeled away the masking and here is the new spring cover semi mocked up. THANKS RICK!!!

Glad to have been of help. I can't wait to see how this is all going to come out... :mrgreen:

Had to go to Lowes for some additional hardware to put Flexy back together and stopped off at Harbor Freight to see if there was something else I needed more of.

First I saw this 4 foot pipe wrench!!!!!!! Don't need that!!!

WP_000093.jpg

More Cowbell!!! Do I need more cowbell!!!!!!???????????

WP_000095.jpg

Got some regular supplies, but decided that even though Christopher Walken needed more cowbell, Flexy doesn't.

But I do need more beer bottle openers!!!! I just opened up a Shipyard Applehead for instance!!!!

So, I added my New Belgium Fat Tire opener from my Team Building trip to Fort Collins last year.

WP_000097.jpg

WP_000096.jpg

Then I decided I needed to do something about that big hunk of stainless TwinFlex rear springer brace. I'm not going with the floating nanner, so I don't need it for a brace. I made another pointy doodad. Then I bent it back and bit and HMMMMMMMMM. It looked liked something I remember in the old days. Plenty of people put the customary bottle opener on their builds, but since this build is from a mix from 1930s to the 1960s there is a good chance that they would have been drinking beer out of a non pop-top can and they would have needed a can opener.

Here is a quick mock up of my giant can opener!!!

WP_000100.jpg

WP_000099.jpg

yoothgeye said:
Is that your Vette in the alley? If not, the owner is probably going to wonder about the little shiny red dots all over it. :eek:

If we were in Charleston or New Orleans that would be a Vette in the Alley, but in Savannah it is a Vette in the Lane. :p

And about those red dots, I think it gives it a Christmas vibe!!!

expjawa said:
kingfish254 said:
Got home from "Sale" ing and tried out RickJawa's suggestion to resolve the foggy Metalcast. The 1000 grit wetsand and polishing definitely help a great deal, but wasn't complete for my issues. So I scuffed it with some 800 and recoated it again. Perfect!!! Peeled away the masking and here is the new spring cover semi mocked up. THANKS RICK!!!

Glad to have been of help. I can't wait to see how this is all going to come out... :mrgreen:

I should be dang close to putting some of it back together tomorrow!!!!!

Now that the TwinFlex rear springer cover is finished, I can wire it up for it's lights. The last thing I did in the shop is install the LED light strip and mock it up with the spring. This mimics the side views of the TwinFlex spring.

WP_000101.jpg

WP_000102.jpg

WP_000103.jpg

dragnusa said:
Dont slip off the seat that could hurt lo l :cry:

I may end up bending the can opener back a little bit more, but I need to get the bike back in the rack and check the angle of the dangle.

Kingfish: I have an emergency, I got stabbed in the rear with a can opener
911: A what???
Kingfish: A CAN OPENER
911: Sir have you been drinking
Kingfish: Why yes I have and riding my bike
911: Sir how did that happen
Kingfish: I was riding my bike and slipped off the seat
911: Sir im sending the police, do not resist them when they arrive

dragnusa said:

Now that's funny!!!!!

cartoons-desi-glitters-11.gif

dragnusa said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/28 RRB 007 Headbadge Painted!!!!

Now this aint perfect, but it turned out pretty slick if you ask me!!!

I thought about going down to brass on teh border, but I think I will leave that the smooth anodized red.

WP_000106.jpg

love it man, fell of the seat lol, the lit cone is way awesome am getting real excited to see this thing done

jats said:
love it man, fell of the seat lol, the lit cone is way awesome am getting real excited to see this thing done

Thanks Jats! I am pretty darn pleased with both the headbadge and the modified cocktail shaker TwinFlex spring cover too!

And you aint the only one that is real excited about seeing this thing done. I am TOP of that list!!!! :p :p

wow typed to soon did not see all the new picks the paint and badge are smoken hot love the frame clean and sweet!!! even more excited to see it done!!

T

Also got the Flex-Liner 7 logo stickers on the whiskey flask battery pack. I still need to install the batteries and switch.

WP_000107.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Also got the Flex-Liner 7 logo stickers on the whiskey flask battery pack. I still need to install the batteries and switch.

WP_000107.jpg
That is neat! Great idea :)

Back