█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex Spaceliner 7/29 ASSEMBLY!!!

yoothgeye said:
It has grips... I like it.

You mean I didn't have to do all this work?!

Peatbog said:
Man, that is cool. That is one of those bikes that just makes you want to smile when you look at it.

Thanks, it sure has been fun to build!

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Perfect amount of paint and chrome :wink: Very cool 8)

Thanks man, I am pretty pleased with the color scheme too.

that ting is rad!!! love the front, rear, and the middle, a blond bomb shell micro brew is a waiten you if you bring halfway to me! ill get the other half :)

T

dragnusa said:
the rear spring set up turned out sweet.

Thanks man! I think I made it sexier than the 1939 TwinFlex design.

jats said:
that ting is rad!!! love the front, rear, and the middle, a blond bomb shell micro brew is a waiten you if you bring halfway to me! ill get the other half :)

T

We might have to do a virtual bi-coastal toast to our builds.

Glad you like my build. This is the fun part.

Dude, I have been so busy working on my bike I have lost track of some of the builds. You have really kicked this one up a notch! Great work and LOTS of inspiring ideas going on.

Great bike, Rg

raggedjim said:
Dude, I have been so busy working on my bike I have lost track of some of the builds. You have really kicked this one up a notch! Great work and LOTS of inspiring ideas going on.

Great bike, Rg

I know the feeling dude. I haven't had as much time to check out the other builds lately either (and this is the coolest time cuz everything is coming together).

Flexy is getting mo sexy every day now! Still more to come.

Thanks for the kudos, glad you like it.

Pretty much finished the 50s police spotlight last night.

Parts list for light - Packing foam, cut up CD holder, saftey wire, micro switch (from yard sale lamp), Flexi-glass, water pitcher lid, LED strip from yard sale, door weather stripping, FLEX-LINER 7 logo.

WP_000160.jpg

WP_000161.jpg

WP_000162.jpg

WP_000168.jpg

WP_000167.jpg

WP_000164.jpg

WP_000165.jpg

Now, I still have to get the right seat.

I forgot about this one from the Schwinn SS Sport that I parted out. The "S" stands for SEXY.

WP_000159.jpg

WP_000158.jpg

I also have this one that I could recover.

WP_000155.jpg

And I even have this one from a Trek Cruiser with a mega grab rail.

WP_000154.jpg

bike2112 said:
Can't keep up. Head is spinning. Too much coolness going on.

Just posted more pics. C'mon,, keep up will ya!!!

bike2112 said:
Schwinn SS saddle is really cool and matches pretty darn good.

It does, and I haven't had a chance to really check any of these or others well enough since the paint and assembly.

I didn't even remember that I had this old seat. The cover is shot, but the pan and undercarriage are in excellent shape. After seeing some of the finished I may be doing some creative with it. I like the thin side profile of it. Of course it will be MUCH lower.

WP_000155.jpg

Wow, that's reall cool. FWIW - Schwinn sells a quasi-Brooksish-looking saddle with "S" rivets covered in red glitter vinyl.
411zRCwppEL._AA300_.jpg

Same design as what I put on my green & white Schwinn aluminum bobber, but in other colors (teal, silver & white are all available). But the red would totally fit what you're doing...

expjawa said:
Wow, that's reall cool. FWIW - Schwinn sells a quasi-Brooksish-looking saddle with "S" rivets covered in red glitter vinyl.
411zRCwppEL._AA300_.jpg

Same design as what I put on my green & white Schwinn aluminum bobber, but in other colors (teal, silver & white are all available). But the red would totally fit what you're doing...

That is a cool looking seat and it would match the color pretty well. I thought about a sleeker racing saddle, but it just aint my style. Plus, not enough time to get anything shipped at this point. I have enough saddles to make something work.

Ah, well, just a thought. Where'd you get the Hanks? I was looking for a set of those a while ago and couldn't find anyone that still had them...

expjawa said:
Ah, well, just a thought. Where'd you get the Hanks? I was looking for a set of those a while ago and couldn't find anyone that still had them...

I appreciate the heads up. That seat would look sick on this bike, but this is my rider.

Any Trek LBS can order the Hanks. They are about $30-35 each, but I had a 50% off Groupon at my LBS. There are both plain and red line Hanks available.

Thanks, I was under the impression that they'd been discontinued. I'll have to check with the shop nearby. There's a big shop that sells a lot of Trek that's on my way home.

I'll admit that the Schwinn saddle looks cool, but is hard and not real comfortable. I've ridden for 15-20 mile rides on mine, only made tolerable with chamois shorts...

expjawa said:
Thanks, I was under the impression that they'd been discontinued. I'll have to check with the shop nearby. There's a big shop that sells a lot of Trek that's on my way home.

I'll admit that the Schwinn saddle looks cool, but is hard and not real comfortable. I've ridden for 15-20 mile rides on mine, only made tolerable with chamois shorts...

I got mine back in January. Here is the link from the TREK site.
http://store.trekbikes.com/product/id/4 ... 4AodnQYATw

Great tires

Peatbog said:
What the...!? You have tires NOT from a garage sale?

LOL! But you'll notice I still got a good deal. The Hanks are from a Groupon, the Fat Franks are from a gift certificate that I won with BEER RUN last year, the Thick Bricks are the Felt closeouts, the Big Apple 29ers are from CL, the red brick Schwinn Typhoon Cords are from a CL flip bike.

Back