☣☢ VerBoten ☠ϟ - Elgin Twin Evanaction Build - Big Butt Strikes Again!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you can see I have a rider now.
Everything except the bars that is.
Well I was fighting daylight, but I made a few rounds around the hood with a few different sets of bars.
I'll post pics later, but right now I have to meet a late night AC repair man. One of our outside units stopped working an hour or so ago. Not a fun thing to happen in the Summer in Savannah.
The second ride was with the thrift chair pacer bars. I like the look and feel of these, but I would definitely have to cut about 6" or more from the length.
HORRIBLE BACKGROUND to look at these bars!!!

View attachment 11098 View attachment 11099 View attachment 11100
These thrift chair (or the production version) are my favorites still! Perfect mimic of the fork crown / springer , fits the build so well. And I don't think it would lose it if you cut them for riding comfort. Maybe black tape-off the ends of the bars where you would cut and take a pic / look from that same perspective? The seat angle and shape works very well with the whole build and looks comfy as all get out....nice combination of "form and function"!

I stilll like the longhorns even though they do lack pizzaz. I wonder how they would look farther forward and a little lower. Like with a long road bike stem?.....hmmmmm..:39:.

I think a classic antiquey type of stem would suit this bike better than those modern ones which i assume you're just using for mockup? I think those stems might be making all the bars look out of place.

Those rims are sweet. +the cranks. Never seen those.

Good feedback. I haven't decided on stems yet. That will take another 15 days. :p

I really like this shot, if the Boa-Gs fit..........money
index.php

The difficult thing will be deciding about the color of those wheels. Love the copper, just not sure about it on this ride. You could spray them with red Plasti-Dip, that way you could always peel it off....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know if I'll pick up the BOAs today or not. Now that I have a rider, I want to shake it down more.

One of the wheelsets/color that I am thinking of are red 3G checkerboards with white rim tape. Maybe even the kickback 2 speed option. Got to figure out my paint scheme first.
stacks_image_77618.jpg

I don't think even Imelda has this much problems when picking out her shoes!!!!:rofl:
Maybe we should have a small comp on what bars Imelda Kingfish decides on.:D
manilaimelda.gif

Now that's funny right there Miss Funk. The bar choices are just the sideshow while I finally start getting other stuff done on the bike. I have been in a rut with no time, but now that I finally have a rider, I am hoping that is changing.

Beautiful (but hot) day, so time to get some more seat time on VerBoten.

Tried out the clubman bars. I don't like the riding position with these.

WP_20150614_11_26_32_Pro.jpg

Put the curvy apes on and I really like the feel and look of these. There just aren't the vibe I am going for with this build so I will save them for my Afterburner build.

WP_20150614_11_43_17_Pro.jpg
WP_20150614_11_43_25_Pro.jpg
WP_20150614_11_43_35_Pro.jpg

These thrift chair (or the production version) are my favorites still! Perfect mimic of the fork crown / springer , fits the build so well. And I don't think it would lose it if you cut them for riding comfort. Maybe black tape-off the ends of the bars where you would cut and take a pic / look from that same perspective? The seat angle and shape works very well with the whole build and looks comfy as all get out....nice combination of "form and function"!

You'll be glad to know that the pacer bars from FlyingMachineBikes are the ones that I have decided on. They are wider than the thrift chair ones, so my knees go between them better. I will still end up taking about 6-8" from the length. But I rode around a good bit with these today and they are my favorites. They fit the styling vibe I want and they are comfortable. Form and Function win out. Not everyone will agree, but that's why this is my build. I REALLY do appreciate everyone's input on this wild tour of Imelda's closet. :p

WP_20150614_12_05_26_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Here are more pics from the ride
WP_20150614_12_03_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20150614_12_04_37_Pro (1024x684).jpg

WP_20150614_12_04_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20150614_12_04_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20150614_12_03_49_Pro (1024x552).jpg

WP_20150614_12_13_21_Pro.jpg
WP_20150614_12_13_45_Pro.jpg

And the obligatory solid backdrop pics
WP_20150614_12_23_45_Pro.jpg
WP_20150614_12_23_57_Pro.jpg

WP_20150614_12_24_12_Pro (1024x837).jpg

Along with a couple of driver's perspective shots
WP_20150614_12_26_41_Pro.jpg
WP_20150614_12_26_54_Pro.jpg

By golly I think he's got it...
Nice choice,streamline like the train says...And yes just a little shorter,totally agree.

We

You'll be glad to know that the pacer bars from FlyingMachineBikes are the ones that I have decided on. They are wider than the thrift chair ones, so my knees go between them better. I will still end up taking about 6-8" from the length. But I rode around a good bit with these today and they are my favorites. They fit the styling vibe I want and they are comfortable. Form and Function win out. Not everyone will agree, but that's why this is my build. I REALLY do appreciate everyone's input on this wild tour of Imelda's closet. :p

View attachment 11112
:dance2::thumbsup::grin:

Looks great kingfish! I kind of like the muted copper-tones on the rims too...could the fork crown (what is now orangish) be painted to match...?...a more subtle approach....has a real "high end industrial look" to it! Very nice!

Oooooh...good choice....maybe a wee bit shorter...and I take back what I said about the modern stems....I LOVE that one!!

Oh and I would suggest using a pipe cutter on those if you have one. Will give you a nice clean, even cut.

Man I'm loving the whole thing. It's simplistic and intriguing. YBJ2B!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Agreed. On to the next decision, right?

Right. Color scheme is the only big decision left since it impacts the whole build. Still a lot of work to do though. It's just awesome having a rider at this point!!!

Looks great kingfish! I kind of like the muted copper-tones on the rims too...could the fork crown (what is now orangish) be painted to match...?...a more subtle approach....has a real "high end industrial look" to it! Very nice!

The fork crown will be painted at some point to match whatever color scheme I decide on. Not sure if the copper wheels are playing well with any of the ideas I currently have in my head.

Man I'm loving the whole thing. It's simplistic and intriguing. YBJ2B!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

But Jake, you know me better than that!!!! It's simplistic now, but you know Homie don't play that!! Don't forget about the hood scoop shroud, the top tubes grill, the upside down rear skirts, ................:rockout:

Latest posts

Back