TRADITIONAL ⚡️⚡️⚡️THUNDERBOLT⚡️⚡️⚡️ASSEMBLY TIME⚡️⚡️⚡️

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The darts came out fairly good. I will wet sand them a bit and touch up a bit of overspray. I layed the lime line tape down on the forks a little too early and it pulled some gray paint. I will let it cure well and then do a touch up. The lime line tape adhesive was a little too aggressive and I should have pulled slower. Chain guard and skirts have been clear coated and await assembly. The rear fender may get a gray stripe, but otherwise ready to get the clear coat. I’m really hoping for the assembly to happen Saturday evening.
IMG_5748.jpeg
IMG_5749.jpeg
IMG_5750.jpeg

These colors are so contrasting, but the play together so very well.
Excellent work!

YUMMY!!
That huge flared ducktail is incredible and the super long dart really does set that fender off!
EXCELLENT!!

YUMMY!!
That huge flared ducktail is incredible and the super long dart really does set that fender off!
EXCELLENT!!
Thanks! I love the ducktail fenders. It has come a long way from when I picked it up. Lots of hammering dents and filler made it look fairly decent. Hopefully there is not too much going on now with the long gray dart. We will see 🤞🏻
Killer paint job!
Thank you much! I had a few bad spots appear but was able to fix most of them. It gets stressful when applying multiple layers of paint while taping off other parts. The prep was important. Only the fork lots some paint when I went to pull the tape from the painted darts. Then it’s like surgery to retape and touch up the mistakes. ✌🏻

Worked on a tank design over the weekend. Kind of came up with this coffin shape. The material I prefer to build a tank from is not really available anywhere. This may be a wood and Masonite tank build. At least I have the design and size I am happy with.
View attachment 264498View attachment 264497View attachment 264499View attachment 264500
View attachment 264501View attachment 264502
Ya know... YOU are the one whom you must please with your decisions, even those pesky little things that are seemingly of no consequence. How-ev-ah, Imma tell you what. Right now. I likes that tank building idea right much, & the execution of it. Yessir. What is the unubtanium to which you robustly made reference?

Just scored some goodies that have been on my “Want!” list for a while. Once they are here I will mock them up on the Thunderbolt. eBay has been good to me lately. Decent deals and great sellers I’ve recently came across. Somewhat rare these days, especially after tax season. View attachment 264845
Oooo, I been art deco fan since it was new to you, Hugh. Y'all see a post-apocolyptic land yacht reincarnation emerging from the sand in that photo? More coffee, please.

I just got lucky and scored a nice collection of beehive springer parts! An eBay seller luckily took my offer on this collection and has taken some stress away from my build. I would like to use the Monark springer but it needs some welding, some straightening and some rethreading to make it work. This collection has several rocker brackets that I needed to complete the beehive I have. Seeing the “Pay Now” had me all excited. View attachment 264583
O, Ralph... That looks like a Major Award. Well, almost.

Thank you! Some fork issues are stumping me at this point. But I think I can press on!✌🏻

Thank you @Pondo this was a build for my wife with an old bike of hers. But she fell in love with my build off bike “Hellion” and the Cranbrook went to parts. View attachment 265731
Very nice looking bike, sir. Did you build that tank, too?
Tanks much

The other fender skirt and chain guard loosely set it place. View attachment 266204View attachment 266205
O, Buddy. I hear the Big Bopper. Chantilly Lace...

Thank you much @Cmdr Ronald yes I built the tank from a 2x4, open cell foam and Bondo. I appreciate you checking it out! Hope do get it assembled today. Hope your doing well. ✌🏻
Is that open cell sculpting foam similar to the blocks of ultra light stuff at Hobby Lobby & such? Glad I tuned in today. Spray foam can ... Well, you know. Thinking on coating a polyester blanket with polyester resin to form a shroud over an AC unit to shade the condenser & make it look less like a window machine. Some stuff in here is inspirational. Tanks again

Fabulous. Looked, but dint see.. what is OA bath?

I have seen some huge anvils. Some command some serious money!💸 this little guy is still very heavy.
If you ever have opportunity, a short piece of railroad track can be an amazingly useful tool. Possibly the most dense piece of steel ever seen by my eyes, most guys can't tote a piece longer than 16" or 18".

Back