TRADITIONAL Hops and Gnarly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This build has turned into a bit of a tribute to my cousin Charlie. After finding out that he was 'all in' with Hopalong Cassidy as a child, I decided to officially make him a member of the Troopers Club!

IMG_7846.jpg

Trropers club.jpg

Everything is put together except for mounting the handlebars and grips. So if push comes to shove I can throw that together and get some final photos in time.

I hope to get at least some of the patina matching on the new paint done after I return from Florida. There will still be a few days left before the deadline next week so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Here's another cool Hopalong doodad on the rack. :)

IMG_7847.JPG

Everything is put together except for mounting the handlebars and grips. So if push comes to shove I can throw that together and get some final photos in time.

I hope to get at least some of the patina matching on the new paint done after I return from Florida. There will still be a few days left before the deadline next week so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Here's another cool Hopalong doodad on the rack. :)

View attachment 274692
Fantastic work as usual. Such an amazing blend of real and faux patina. I’m jealous of whoever gets to receive this. 💪🏻

I'm back from Florida and ready for the final sprint to the finish!

Here are a few pics from the show.

Loading in and setting up gear behind the 'aluminum curtain'. :bigsmile:

IMG_7848.JPG

View from the side of the stage.

IMG_7851.JPG

The soundcheck is done, time for a beer.

IMG_7861.JPG

Curtain up and ready to start—my view from behind the drums.

IMG_7862.JPG

The show is over, time to load out.

IMG_7863.JPG

I was loading the last things in the van just as the rain started. Went back to the stage for a final dummy check and got drenched before I could make it back to the van. lol At least the gear stayed dry!

Brutality is on today's agenda. It's time to get savage with the carefully applied fresh paint!

Savage

noun: savage; plural noun: savages

1. a brutal or vicious person.
"the mother of one of the victims has described his assailants as savages"

2. a member of a people regarded as primitive and uncivilized.

3. a representation of a bearded and semi-naked man with a wreath of leaves.

I'm going with 3.

I'm definitely bearded, it's possible that I could end up semi-naked depending on the temperature and humidity today, and if by "wreath of leaves" they are referring to unconventional tools like rocks, bricks, nails etc., then I fit the definition!

oh-dear-it-7w5k9h.jpg

SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM BROTHER!!

randy savage GIF

Back