Anchors Aweigh AKA Fighting Checkmates - Riding toward the finish line!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first thought was a version of the training wheels extenders that are available. These are threaded for 3/8" rear axles, yours is probably 5/16" on your front axle.

axle extenders.jpg

There's a version of this available at a hardware store in 5/16". Just the 'coupler' where it's threaded on the inside, so you thread to your wheel axle and then thread in another 5/16" bolt on the outside, cut the head off, and viola' ! Here's one that Lowe's has available, but they are everywhere.

coupler.jpg

Your build is looking great Uncle Shish! RaT oN~!

My first thought was a version of the training wheels extenders that are available. These are threaded for 3/8" rear axles, yours is probably 5/16" on your front axle.

View attachment 234753

There's a version of this available at a hardware store in 5/16". Just the 'coupler' where it's threaded on the inside, so you thread to your wheel axle and then thread in another 5/16" bolt on the outside, cut the head off, and viola' ! Here's one that Lowe's has available, but they are everywhere.

View attachment 234755

Your build is looking great Uncle Shish! RaT oN~!
Thanks for the tip! Look between the spokes 😁
IMG20230530224258.jpg

I just caught up with this and approve heavily. I retired as an ATCS (Aviation Electronics Technician, Senior Chief [E-8]) after 24 years. My last operational command was VFA-25 in Lemoore. Do you know what your son's rate will be? I'd love to hear more. And I can (try to) answer questions. Feel free to PM me so we don't bore the bike guys.

1688075020982.png

Last update post for me today
View attachment 238772

Man those are hot!

I just caught up with this and approve heavily. I retired as an ATCS (Aviation Electronics Technician, Senior Chief [E-8]) after 24 years. My last operational command was VFA-25 in Lemoore. Do you know what your son's rate will be? I'd love to hear more. And I can (try to) answer questions. Feel free to PM me so we don't bore the bike guys.

View attachment 238813

Very nice Senior Chief. 24 strong years of service and devotion. Salute!

Interesting build and backstories. Good luck to your son and his service in the Navy. I joined the Navy Reserves while a Senior in High School. Active Duty in ‘65 -‘67, two tours in Vietnam with NMCB-3, some thoughts over the years that I should have went for twenty.

Interesting build and backstories. Good luck to your son and his service in the Navy. I joined the Navy Reserves while a Senior in High School. Active Duty in ‘65 -‘67, two tours in Vietnam with NMCB-3, some thoughts over the years that I should have went for twenty.
Thank you for your service. I'm glad that you're here (on the forum and earth)

Latest posts

Back