Anchors Aweigh AKA Fighting Checkmates - Riding toward the finish line!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is gonna be a beauty!
Great balance of the paint and graphics. I especially like the red checkered stripe.

1688214418669.png

Great balance of the paint and graphics. I especially like the red checkered stripe.

View attachment 239018
Thank you, sir. That means a great deal to me as I’ve considered you and The Renaissance Man the masters of aesthetics and inspiration over my years here on RRB.

View attachment 239018
A seat with a red checker accent would be da’ bomb finishing touch!

I picked up this cool Mesinger seat as it reminds me of the runway on an aircraft carrier. I thought it was black but it is blue ... Not sure if I'll use it or not. The bottom side was crusty but it's been soaking in evapo-rust and looks like it will come clean. I'd like to paint the metal ... anyone have luck or tips removing the vinyl cover from the frame?
IMG20230701095838.jpg
IMG20230701095856.jpg

I picked up this cool Mesinger seat as it reminds me of the runway on an aircraft carrier. I thought it was black but it is blue ... Not sure if I'll use it or not. The bottom side was crusty but it's been soaking in evapo-rust and looks like it will come clean. I'd like to paint the metal ... anyone have luck or tips removing the vinyl cover from the frame?
View attachment 239034View attachment 239035
I’m using that same seat in plain black, if you warm the cover up just a little bit you can stretch the rear corners off, then the whole cover comes off. I soaked my seat pan in wood bleach then put it back together but didn’t take any pictures. I’ve done it to a few of those seats it’s not difficult

I’m using that same seat in plain black, if you warm the cover up just a little bit you can stretch the rear corners off, then the whole cover comes off. I soaked my seat pan in wood bleach then put it back together but didn’t take any pictures. I’ve done it to a few of those seats it’s not difficult
Thanks. I found a pot it would fit in and thought of heating it up on the stove in water? After looking at it on the bike though, I’m not going to use it. The blue kills it for me.

Seat came apart quite easily with warmed water from the stove! Thanks for the tip. Any tips cleaning the wife's pan before she gets home ? 😁
IMG_20230702_112437.jpg

This is coming together ether great! I’m shocked how many rat rodders have been in the navy. Thank you for your service. I am not military, but I work in telecommunications and the US Navy is my primary customer. So I work with the navy daily and get to visit Naval bases on a regular basis. Much respect.

This is coming together ether great! I’m shocked how many rat rodders have been in the navy. Thank you for your service. I am not military, but I work in telecommunications and the US Navy is my primary customer. So I work with the navy daily and get to visit Naval bases on a regular basis. Much respect.
Thanks, but I am just a proud Navy dad 😁

So ... I have these two unfortunate holes in my front fender ... I should have thought this through before powder coating but here I am.
The easy way out would be to put some sort of torpedo light on there, but they're a little costly. A siren might be cool as well, but again somewhat costly .. Hood ornament? I do have this pewter F14 ...
I don't know ... I need ideas
IMG20230701123546.jpgIMG20230701123910.jpgIMG_20230701_174818.jpg

So ... I have these two unfortunate holes in my front fender ... I should have thought this through before powder coating but here I am.
The easy way out would be to put some sort of torpedo light on there, but they're a little costly. A siren might be cool as well, but again somewhat costly .. Hood ornament? I do have this pewter F14 ...
I don't know ... I need ideas
View attachment 239219View attachment 239220View attachment 239221

You could add this style stripe (carrier deck inspired) down the center of the fender with the F-14 mounted.

20230702_164103.jpg

Or just do an oblong oval with the stripe inside the oval (the size of the area a torpedo light would cover), then mount the jet. Then it would be like a fender medallion/ornament.

Latest posts

Back