Anchors Aweigh AKA Fighting Checkmates - Riding toward the finish line!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree on the black wheels offering more of a military vibe. Unless this sailor was in it's 'dress reds'....sorry. :grin:

It just reminded me of a photo of my dad and uncle in their military dress. Dad was Navy, Donny was Air Force.

Congratulations on the becoming a grandfather. I would go with the black rims. Bike is looking awesome.
I agree on the black wheels offering more of a military vibe. Unless this sailor was in it's 'dress reds'....sorry. :grin:

It just reminded me of a photo of my dad and uncle in their military dress. Dad was Navy, Donny was Air Force.
Thanks for the congrats. It looks like the black wheels are a unanimous choice here on RRB. Ironically, over at the VFA-211 shop, 10 out of 13 Airmen chose the red.

Thanks for the congrats. It looks like the black wheels are a unanimous choice here on RRB. Ironically, over at the VFA-211 shop, 10 out of 13 Airmen chose the red.
There seems to be a lot of that conflicting opinions for people seeking some advice. TRM had the exact same experience on his debate of rack or no rack.

There seems to be a lot of that conflicting opinions for people seeking some advice. TRM had the exact same experience on his debate of rack or no rack.
Yes, I took part in adding to the cloudiness of adding to the myriad of opinions on his rack.
I have to say, when I put the red wheels on - I thought I was going to love it - but I think the black just adds to the build with it's minimalization. Like BobbyStillz said a few posts up - the red wheels are almost distracting from the decals.

Yes, I took part in adding to the cloudiness of adding to the myriad of opinions on his rack.
I have to say, when I put the red wheels on - I thought I was going to love it - but I think the black just adds to the build with it's minimalization. Like BobbyStillz said a few posts up - the red wheels are almost distracting from the decals.
I agree with that wholeheartedly. I think it needs a very utilitarian look while not distracting from all of the great graphics work that you’ve done so far. Like any good fighter plane a splash of color reserved for nose or tail art

Of course, there’s always that debate of building it for yourself versus building it for votes. I do not encourage the latter

Forgot to congrats on becoming a grandpa best thing is you can spoil them and they get to go home lol. I have 11grandkids
Scared Oh No GIF

First test fit of the assembled fork. Glad I took photos along the way ... It's a little like a puzzle in getting things back together. This will be my only progress for today ... colonoscopy tomorrow and they got me on the juice... No exertion out of fear at this point 😂🤐
View attachment 240597
View attachment 240598
after seeing this, the black wheels are definitely the right choice

Back