Bikes I likes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bikes I like, tank edition. I like Higgins tanks. Alot
IMG_5545.JPG
IMG_6875.JPG
1_b0c93fcbc2b4a4e27be8cbe6fb296aaf.jpg

I picked up a Higgins tanker on Saturday, complete minus the fenders. Unfortunately the frame was badly damaged from what looked like hammer blows so I stripped it for parts and sent the frame off to be recycled. Fortunately I have a frame to build with the parts from that one.

23rat.jpg

Beautiful

Contrary to popular belief, Schwinn continued to have bikes made in North America into the 21st century. Their best bikes came from Durango, Colorado
1998_homegrown_factory_xtr.jpg
Schwinn Homegrown Factory Team.jpg

The alert eye may notice that the tires appear to be photoshopped on the black bike, two logos per tire. "Perfectionist creators" indeed!

A couple of pictures (not mine, if I was there, we'd be in for a frame swap in the BO!) from the Vancouver vintage bike swap...
20230507_165447476_iOS.jpg
20230507_173335615_iOS.jpg
20230507_174003766_iOS.jpg

But this is really special: this early Rocky was welded by Brodie when he worked there. And Paul himself was present, talking about how he made the frame. He could still recall all the little details, like making the cable guides from scratch
20230507_175245712_iOS.jpg
20230507_204420639_iOS.jpg

Great to see he's out and about again, and I've heard he's back to welding again too, a new set of threaded Brodie stems have just finished production!

Last edited:
The bike, I like. The lady is a legend.
It's a pink drop bar 29er from 83. That alone should be a clue that the rider is something special
Jacquies-Singlespeed-WTB-Phoenix-3.jpg

Special is an understatement for Jacquie, the lady is a pioneer, prophet, visionary, fashion renegade... :inlove:.

"Let me set the record straight(er): I have never retired from racing. When someone asks when I retired, I insist that, if invited, I’d gladly race anywhere in the world."

"It is my belief that big companies should stay out of sports, if the sport is to remain true to its original innocence"

https://theradavist.com/jacquies-phelan-single-speed-wtb-phoenix/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back