Bikes I likes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh mercy, thanks to @Wildcat 's build thread, i went on a mixte hunt. I found this beauty, a Follis 650B from 1953. Every detail is exquisite, the patina is perfection.
p1000985.jpg
2016-05-17-024.jpg

https://restoringvintagebicycles.com/2016/05/20/a-1953-follis-650b/amp/

The lengths people will go to in order to rescue a Brodie speaks to their level of quality. This one was shipped back to Paul, and the repairs featured on his YouTube channel
https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/romax-rescue-279.464632/Some neat ephemera as well, love the geometry drawings for Alpine Flyer vs Slow Poke. 4° difference in head angles is a big deal. Short snappy stays too. It'd be incredible to try one after the other
5612BA07-03C8-4F81-9657-F0B43B5CD22D.jpeg

The lengths people will go to in order to rescue a Brodie speaks to their level of quality. This one was shipped back to Paul, and the repairs featured on his YouTube channel
https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/romax-rescue-279.464632/Some neat ephemera as well, love the geometry drawings for Alpine Flyer vs Slow Poke. 4° difference in head angles is a big deal. Short snappy stays too. It'd be incredible to try one after the other View attachment 236126
My betrand is really similar but better steal

This
They're great for sharing "outside the box" builds, not always worshipping the Cult of the Latest Technology
This place is like no other I've given up most others I have nobody telling me how bad my 60 year old Raleigh that still works with little work is

Someone got bit by the Titanium bug...
IMG_6011.jpeg
IMG_6012.jpeg

94 Hei Hei titanium frame, ti O Beam post, ti Velocity Stem, and the ultra delicious ti P2 fork. Can't see if it's the Kona ti Race Lite bar as well, but that's an amazing pile of parts there

I just read @jayson vargas' mention the term Crank Forward, which I was not familiar with. Upon searching I found this bikes I likes...
crankForward.png

But can someone show me an example of a non crank-forward bike (they likes)? I had a harder time finding that without the proper terminology and I'd like to know the diff.

But can someone show me an example of a non crank-forward bike
Look at the Hei Hei posted above. Now compare to the one you posted. Note the difference in crank position, relative to the seat. I think Electra made the "foot forward" style that is most common nowadays but they call it Flat Foot Technology
80c546af0801d2939118cec21a6e3ee6.png

PS that's one heck of a crazy chainring on the bike you posted!

My all time favorite crank forward bike are the Electra bikes ,in particular ,the Electra Straight 8 3i Cruiser!
9b9537115a024829adbc40be308e0400.jpg

But since i can't afford that ,i'll settle for an OCC Stingray Chopper frame with a Mongoose Dolomite wheelset . :)
123_1 (3).jpeg

123_1.jpeg

123_1 (2).jpeg
123_1 (1).jpeg

Just finished it last night. Rides so nice. I kept the 6/7 speed derailleur tourney/Shimano from the Dolomite and put a 6 speed falcon shifter with it.
Put a 6 speed Falcon freewheel on it, the original 7 speed freewheel from the Dolomite was rubbing on the dropouts.
My welds don't look that great but they hold up good enough .,at least from a non-welder point of view.
I'm still debating on keeping the rust or just taking it off .I kind of like that rustic look:cool:
The seat is from a vintage Golden Schwinn exerciser bike,...if i only would've kept the 65T chainring......
The 56T chainring/crankset is from a vintage Fuji road bike.
The Dolomite i found on Craigslist for $25 bucks as a parts bike,the left side of the bottom bracket was totally shredded ,missing the left side piece of the bottom bracket spindle, no left side crankarm .. I guess someone tried jumping with it and slammed hard on it.
I relaced both rims and trued them to spec, they were both a little off,either from the traumatic accident or just from being a Walmart bike
The OCC chopper i found on the curb on the night before trash pickup.It was missing the left side crank arm.

I just read @jayson vargas' mention the term Crank Forward, which I was not familiar with. Upon searching I found this bikes I likes...

But can someone show me an example of a non crank-forward bike (they likes)? I had a harder time finding that without the proper terminology and I'd like to know the diff.

A prone bike?

Attachments

• A986AF92-5EE4-4E8D-A1F6-47796C48FF15.jpeg
    A986AF92-5EE4-4E8D-A1F6-47796C48FF15.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 0
  • F56A3666-5A70-413C-BAF2-B98CE3BB7B00.jpeg
    F56A3666-5A70-413C-BAF2-B98CE3BB7B00.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 0
I like the concept, but the execution looks a bit awkward in my honest opinion…

Latest posts

Back