Bikes I likes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a while since any Brodie content was posted. Gatorblades, fresh and ready... Who wants one?
Brodie Gatorblades aus Buch.jpg

@One-eyed Sailor that's an awesome bike, but I think it's too small for you. Looks like it's only a large, you'd better send it to me for some safety testing.
Just a thought to tidy it up a little, are the brake posts removable? Sometimes, they're threaded into the frame. If not, perhaps some kind of bolt on brake booster to fill the holes
31wq4TVwyZL._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255,255,255.png

Definitely too small for me. Rooster had a nice set of Black Ops wheels until I backed into my neighbor's truck with it mounted on the back.
Taco beyond repair, man. It's such a cool frame I stuffed the Stan's 27.5 inch wheels/tires and they barely fit. Stay out of the mud and it will be a fun ride for... someone. :)

Carbon fiber ain't so new. Trimble was using it back in the day already. These are highly sought after
image0.jpeg

1687118652507.png

1989 (2nd might be a 90) Trimble Inverse
Super sweet Bontrager Strut fork on the black one as well. I'd assume that it's pretty rare, before I saw this one, I didn't know Keith made a fork like that
image8.jpeg
image5.jpeg

Those older style V brakes pull hard! Can I ask hows the rear drop outs attached, do they graft them onto/ inside/ around the carbon or bolt or screwed etc!

Those older style V brakes pull hard! Can I ask hows the rear drop outs attached, do they graft them onto/ inside/ around the carbon or bolt or screwed etc!
That style of brakes is the type that came before vees. They're called cantilever brakes, not as powerful as vees, and more complicated to set up. But yeah, set up properly, cantis can still pull pretty hard. I've done downhill stuff with them and never really felt them inadequate, but I have strong hands.
As for the construction of the Trimble, I really have no idea how it's put together, but I'm guessing magic played a role. I think there's a support/anchor of some type in the carbon fiber

Back