BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tossing my card in the hat with a 79 mongoose nickel plated frame and fork, and yellow tuff II mags. no pics yet, but ill get some when the frame sheds its black house paint.

Bikejunkie, it's getting there. I overhauled my Campy hubs and laced them into a set of hard anodized Rigida rims with stainless spokes. Gotta love Campy stuff...30 some odd years old and the bearings and races are still perfect. I have the bars, stem, cranks and pedals I'm going to use...the pedals are the same set I ran back then as well. Still hunting all the other parts.
Pics soon... :mrgreen:

This is the latest I picked up its an 83 Diamondback Viper, it has KKT pedals and from what I can tell the original bars and stem, I have white grips coming along with a white seat,already have the white tires put on, still need to order decals and a chain....I already have a layback Diamondback seat post...its starting to clean up real nice[img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/holyrollin72/scrambler004.jpg[/img]

She's all done...

thruster017.jpg

thruster010.jpg

thruster011.jpg

Is that a crack on front of the right chainstay? Looks pretty big as it goes from the top of the tube to the bottom.
032-13.jpg

on a side note, I'm surprised there aren't any Hawks. You know the aluminum frames with the square tubing? I always loved those bikes but always a bit out of my price range.

No crack, its just dirty. Its been stored in a attic for the last three years and needs a good cleaning. Heres some pictures of it
039-9.jpg

037-11.jpg

036-13.jpg

025-19.jpg

026-18.jpg

027-18.jpg

028-18.jpg

029-16.jpg

031-16.jpg

033-15.jpg

023-26.jpg

I don't mean to make it a big issue. I just remember back in my BMX'in days, the aluminum frames didn't seem to hold up. Probably since they weren't made to take a beaten on the street like a chromoly frame was.

Latest posts

Back