BUILD OFF #6 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be nice to have a link in the finished bike thread to the build thread as bike are finished. It is hard to keep up with all the builds. That would make reviewing them much easier. :?:

mrflagman said:
It would be nice to have a link in the finished bike thread to the build thread as bike are finished. It is hard to keep up with all the builds. That would make reviewing them much easier. :?:

That's up to the builder when they post their finished bike thread. Most do add a link.

uhh. one question. if i was to say, accidentally on purpose, chop my seat tube off my frame, would that be considered a major design change?? :?:

If the entire seat tube, from bottom bracket to top tube, were to say just suddenly vanish? :shock: then that would be breaking the rules IMO. :x (edit:rule 3)

If it was the top wee bit that stuck it's napper above the top tube and seat stays that had an unlucky run in with a grinder or hacksaw then that would be just fine. :) I've done just that to my build off bike.

Have fun and keep a tight grip. :wink:

Rockit! said:
Is it just me, or are there like TEN bikes in this thing that could easily take first place? This is INSANE

I'm hoping about 10 of those don't finish so I can have a shot. :mrgreen:

druggedonions said:
If the entire seat tube, from bottom bracket to top tube, were to say just suddenly vanish? :shock: then that would be breaking the rules IMO. :x (edit:rule 3)

If it was the top wee bit that stuck it's napper above the top tube and seat stays that had an unlucky run in with a grinder or hacksaw then that would be just fine. :) I've done just that to my build off bike.

Have fun and keep a tight grip. :wink:

you can cut the part of the seat post tube that sticks up above the top tube of the frame thats it. oh and i keep seeing the bike count rise as of now at 191 will we break 200?

yoothgeye said:
Rockit! said:
Is it just me, or are there like TEN bikes in this thing that could easily take first place? This is INSANE

Well...me being one of those 10 is gonna finish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yoothgeye said:
Rockit! said:

Well to put both your minds at ease. I can tell you now that I doubt I'm going to be able to finish mine in time. You can rest a little bit easier knowing that I'm sure. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rockit! said:
191 bikes entered and only one RETRO-RAT-O. :mrgreen: I JUST WANNA BE IN THE TOP 20. THAT WOULD BE GREAT. BUT FOR NOW CUE THAT DOCTOR HOOK AND THE MEDICINE SHOW "THE COVER OF THE ROLLING STONE " SONG AND...TO ALL YOU RATTERS....GET TA BUILDIN'!!! PEACE

Rockit! said:
There are so many talented builders and awesome bikes that I am just hoping I even get a few votes.

I venture to say there will be at least 2 dozen builds worthy of First Place; and just as many for 2nd & 3rd.

This could be the most agonizing decision to vote for just three bikes. This illustrates the point on how incredibly talented the RBB builders are!

karfer67 said:
it all depends on what style bike you like and what appeals to you.

Since I appreciate a broad spectrum of styles, that equates what appeals to me; so many choices.

It is a great problem to have.

karfer67 said:
it all depends on what style bike you like and what appeals to you.

+1 I would have trouble narrowing it down to 10 or even 15 bikes to vote for! Picking just 3 is goin to be really tuff!

PICK SAID +1 I would have trouble narrowing it down to 10 or even 15 bikes to vote for! Picking just 3 is goin to be really tuff![/quote] I AGREE %100. IT'S GONNA BE TUFF VOTING. SO ANY OF YOU RATTERS WHO CAN'T MAKE UP YA MINDS. JUST VOTE FOR ME :mrgreen: :lol: .... NOW GET TA BUILDIN'!!! PEACE

I wanted to enter a bike, just for fun though. I had the ultimate perfect name picked out and everything. "The Disqualifier" It was going to break every rule on the list :D . Not sure how that would have gone over though? Too late now...as if I would have finished it :!: HA (trademarking that name for future build btw 8) )

Really cool to see how varied this years entries are compared to years past. Ladies bikes and kids bikes in the mix. You've got the whole spectrum this year, some very well executed simple builds and some for real pushing the envelope too.

The voting will be hard this year, lots of builders are honing their skills, plenty of thinking outside the box, seat of the pants engineering, mixing up parts both bicycle related and not, and the stripes is nice, you name it, it's out there.

Hats off to everyone on board this year.

Back