BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
195 build topics....33 across the finish line so far. With less than a week to go....any guesses as to the total builds completed in time? I'm going with 80. I hope there is more....

Terry66 said:
195 build topics....33 across the finish line so far. With less than a week to go....any guesses as to the total builds completed in time? I'm going with 80. I hope there is more....

I'll guess 35... wait, does guess and hope mean the same thing?

yoothgeye said:
Terry66 said:

I'll guess 35... wait, does guess and hope mean the same thing?

Hey, if there is only 35, I bet I'll make the top 40! :mrgreen:

Seriously though, there are some CRAZY nice bikes out there that are almost ready. I have a feeling this is going to get REALLY good. I can't wait to see the voting gallery!

Not me, every time I see another bike posted as finished I just see my bike drop down 1 position. Maybe if I can just beat my number of votes from last year.

yoothgeye said:
Not me, every time I see another bike posted as finished I just see my bike drop down 1 position. Maybe if I can just beat my number of votes from last year.

I want to see as many bikes finish as possible!!!! It's cool seeing all of the back page or off page sleepers waking up!!!

yoothgeye said:

I didn't participate in the build off last year, but I thought your 76er was a really nice rat bike. Lots of cool touches. I think understated bikes don't get the impact vote, but when you really look at them and ride them, there is a lot to appreciate. Do you still have it?

Your bike this year gave me some nice ideas on what to do with a 58 Huffy tank bike I have. I probably won't go mega-apes, but it will be a similar build.

Terry66 said:
I didn't participate in the build off last year, but I thought your 76er was a really nice rat bike. Lots of cool touches. I think understated bikes don't get the impact vote, but when you really look at them and ride them, there is a lot to appreciate. Do you still have it?

Your bike this year gave me some nice ideas on what to do with a 58 Huffy tank bike I have. I probably won't go mega-apes, but it will be a similar build.

I still have that bike with no intention of getting rid of it. I was very disenchanted last year because I thought I would get more attention because of all the parts that I made or modified for the bike. Made the fork, made the rack, made the seat post, modified the bars, modified the tank, modified the fender, modified the chainguard, modified the seat, modified the front light, made the back light, made the head head badge, made the battery tube, etc... in the end I got less attention than the bikes that were assembled. Oh well, they were awesome bikes. I got over it and got over myself. My fab work is nothing special, it's only special to me because I work with what I got. In the end the only thing that matters is what the voters think, and since we don't have "parties" or "platforms" I have no clue what they will want, it could change every year, so I only use this build off to build a bike for myself. And this year I got a cool bike, whether I get 1 vote or a hundred, I had a ball this year.

yoothgeye said:
I got over it and got over myself.

Good, cuz I really don't want to give the DQ* Prize (see Prize Pot) out for BO7. :p

*Drama Queen

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:

Good, cuz I really don't want to give the DQ* Prize (see Prize Pot) out for BO7. :p

*Drama Queen

So, if someone were to win the DQ prize, could they then technically refer to themselves as an "Award Winning Bike Builder"? :lol:

Terry66 said:
kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:

*Drama Queen

So, if someone were to win the DQ prize, could they then technically refer to themselves as an "Award Winning Bike Builder"? :lol:

You can only do that if it is a "Major Award" and comes from Frah-Gee-Lay.

leg_lamp.jpg

Rockit! said:
Oh I see the deadline was extended? I thought "33 bikes, what the heck??"

When was it extended?

Oh, you mean it wasn't Aug 1st!!!! Yeah, when Steve setup BO7 this year he made the deadline Aug 6th.

I am one of the people that is glad that he did!!!! :oops:

I have to share this with my build brothas. My brother found this photo of me working on my Screamer 2. This is when I had replaced the 16" forks with some 26" forks. I can tell since it doesn't have a pedal on it or the shifter, I must have just finished lacing up the new rim to the 3 speed hub and was putting every back together.

SCREAMER2Bikec-Copy.jpg

So.....what you're saying that I have four days to start and finish a bike? Interesting......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
I have to share this with my build brothas. My brother found this photo of me working on my Screamer 2. This is when I had replaced the 16" forks with some 26" forks. I can tell since it doesn't have a pedal on it or the shifter, I must have just finished lacing up the new rim to the 3 speed hub and was putting every back together.

SCREAMER2Bikec-Copy.jpg

That's awesome! So cool to have pics of your old bikes!

Rockit! said:
So.....what you're saying that I have four days to start and finish a bike? Interesting......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

YES!!!!
DO IT
DO IT
DO IT

Back