BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got out to the shop and worked on the klunker, can't wait to ride it! Without things like the build-off, I would never get bikes built! This one is going to rock, votes or no. It will be worth it just to ride with the local bike club and let them drool all over it!

To all my fellow bike nuts, keep going! This is my favorite time of the year!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

kingfish254 said:
SCREAMER2Bikec-Copy.jpg
thanks for sharing that piece of history :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
Hold up, Kingfish... are you putting silver tape on that sissy bar? :shock: :lol:

Yep, I got hooked on the stuff when I was young.

bike2112 said:
kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:
Hold up, Kingfish... are you putting silver tape on that sissy bar? :shock: :lol:

Yep, I got hooked on the stuff when I was young.

Is your chainring on that bike on the left hand side??????

I noticed that too and I have absolutely no idea why!!!! I could not have ridden it that way. My guess is that I was slapping the bike back together and got mixed up. Who know?

raggedjim said:
Back in those days pictures came from negatives and it was pretty easy to get a reversed image picture.

edit- scratch that, all the other bikes are right, you were wrong! :mrgreen:

Rg

I know!
Guess I learnt me a lil bit since then.

kingfish254 said:
Gotta share this idea with the whole Famn Damily!

We need to schedule a global RRB BO7 toast.

Here is a paraphrased toast that Jake worked up on my build thread while Jats and I were discussing a toast.

Jake Sensi said:
I agree to a global toast to everyone involved and who came, conquered or lost their way. A toast to those who are here in spirit and thoughts. To those who need cheer and those who thirst for beer. Those who drink diet, juice or non-alcoholic fluids. Raise ye glasses whilst we Rock Muddy Waters cuz we be Mannish Boys (and Womannish Girls) Get Ta Buildin' or Go Make Me A Sammich!! Peace

Wherever you are on Saturday, at some point in the day or evening raise a glass of whatever you may be drinking in a toast to all of our fellow build brothers and sisters in the sprit of Jakes toast above. If you want to post your toast here, that is cool as well, but try to raise your glass or tip your hat to a wonderful build off sometime on Saturday!!!!

Don't forgot to toast RRB BO7 sometime tomorrow!!!

Any of these would be perfect!

Bunny640x355-copy.jpg

Cheers to all of my build brothas and sistas!!!!

"to everyone involved and who came, conquered or lost their way. A toast to those who are here in spirit and thoughts. To those who need cheer and those who thirst for beer. Those who drink diet, juice or non-alcoholic fluids. Raise ye glasses whilst we Rock Muddy Waters cuz we be Mannish Boys (and Womannish Girls) Get Ta Buildin' or Go Make Me A Sammich!! Peace"

I am raising a glass of Shiner Wild Hare Pale Ale. I love this label so much, you might even see it or something like it on my finished bike pics which should be popping up sometime tonight or tomorrow.

What a blast this has been!!!!!!!!

WP_002337.jpg

See you guys and gals at the finish line! :mrgreen: 8)

aIMG_7984.jpg

52 finished bikes posted so far. Are there anymore backpage bandits out there?????

Mr. Kool said:
Looking at all the finished builds, how to choose a winner??? Ideas? Tech skills? First feeling? Overall look?...
Everyone deserve to win, choice is going to be so difficult!!
Congrats to all builders, hope you had as much fun as I had.
x2

Now that Flexy is finished, I need to find time to clean up my shop!!!

Dr. Tankenstein saw it about a month ago and it was about the same. This proves you don't need a lot of room to build a bike!!!

IMG_8227.jpg

Back