BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have mine posted by the end of the week. I just need some better pictures.

Man, I have been trying to catch up on the builds, there's some cool bikes out there. And the great thing is they are all different and unique. Can you imagine a build-off where all the bikes ended up looking the same? Nope, neither can I.

Rg

Gotta share this idea with the whole Famn Damily!

We need to schedule a global RRB BO7 toast.

Here is a paraphrased toast that Jake worked up on my build thread while Jats and I were discussing a toast.

Jake Sensi said:
I agree to a global toast to everyone involved and who came, conquered or lost their way. A toast to those who are here in spirit and thoughts. To those who need cheer and those who thirst for beer. Those who drink diet, juice or non-alcoholic fluids. Raise ye glasses whilst we Rock Muddy Waters cuz we be Mannish Boys (and Womannish Girls) Get Ta Buildin' or Go Make Me A Sammich!! Peace

I say some time on Saturday we should have a collective TOAST to what we have experienced here the past few months!!!!

kingfish254 said:

Here is a paraphrased toast that Jake worked up on my build thread while Jats and I were discussing a toast.

Jake Sensi said:
I agree to a global toast to everyone involved and who came, conquered or lost their way. A toast to those who are here in spirit and thoughts. To those who need cheer and those who thirst for beer. Those who drink diet, juice or non-alcoholic fluids. Raise ye glasses whilst we Rock Muddy Waters cuz we be Mannish Boys (and Womannish Girls) Get Ta Buildin' or Go Make Me A Sammich!! Peace

I say some time on Saturday we should have a collective TOAST to what we have experienced here the past few months!!!!

Sounds like a good time for RRB chat night!

I am trying out another great beer from Duck Rabbit tonight that is very appropriate for this build off.

Duck Rabbit Hoppy Bunny ABA (Amercian Black Ale) - Very good 7% hoppy dark beer with a roasted flavor.

Cheers to all the Mannish Boys and Womannish Girls!

525539_347847898611975_156703131059787_65679795_996241565_n.jpg

FunkyStickman said:
kingfish254 said:

Jake Sensi said:

Sounds like a good time for RRB chat night!

Never have done a chat here. Plus "night" is different for all of us. Some (including me may still be building. May be a bit of a pain to try to coordinate.

Here is what I propose we do. Wherever you are on Saturday, at some point in the day or evening raise a glass of whatever you may be drinking in a toast to all of our fellow build brothers and sisters in the sprit of Jakes toast above. If you want to post your toast here, that is cool as well, but try to raise your glass or tip your hat to a wonderful build off sometime on Saturday!!!!

kingfish254 said:
Never have done a chat here. Plus "night" is different for all of us. Some (including me may still be building. May be a bit of a pain to try to coordinate.

Here is what I propose we do. Wherever you are on Saturday, at some point in the day or evening raise a glass of whatever you may be drinking in a toast to all of our fellow build brothers and sisters in the sprit of Jakes toast above. If you want to post your toast here, that is cool as well, but try to raise your glass or tip your hat to a wonderful build off sometime on Saturday!!!!

I'll be chilling on the beach in the OBX Saturday night...and you can bet, I'll have a toast to all you amazing bike builders!

Terry66 said:
kingfish254 said:

I'll be chilling on the beach in the OBX Saturday night...and you can bet, I'll have a toast to all you amazing bike builders!

Have fun in the sun and the sand!!! Which town you going to? Ocracoke is my favorite.

kingfish254 said:
Terry66 said:
kingfish254 said:

Have fun in the sun and the sand!!! Which town you going to? Ocracoke is my favorite.

Usually I go to Rodanthe, but this year I'm staying in South Nags Head. A little more crowded than I usually care for, but the kids (17, 21 and 25) are all going and they like a little excitement. I'll spend most of the time pulling the grandbaby in the bike/buggy or in the kayak anyway.

Terry66 said:
Usually I go to Rodanthe, but this year I'm staying in South Nags Head. A little more crowded than I usually care for, but the kids (17, 21 and 25) are all going and they like a little excitement. I'll spend most of the time pulling the grandbaby in the bike/buggy or in the kayak anyway.

What's your route? Coming close to my place?

yoothgeye said:
Terry66 said:

What's your route? Coming close to my place?

Usually take 64 down through VA and then down from the top of OBX.

Terry66 said:

Yeah, that's the obvious route I guess, I'm not a fan of that direction. If you ever shoot down I-95 you can take the Halifax exit and take 903 and 125 to Williamston and get on 64 there and that takes you into Nags Head just past Manteo. That route takes you down lots of cool backroads and I've seen bears on that route many times, just saw a red wolf going that way last week. That route also brings you past my house. haha

yoothgeye said:
Terry66 said:

Yeah, that's the obvious route I guess, I'm not a fan of that direction. If you ever shoot down I-95 you can take the Halifax exit and take 903 and 125 to Williamston and get on 64 there and that takes you into Nags Head just past Manteo. That route takes you down lots of cool backroads and I've seen bears on that route many times, just saw a red wolf going that way last week. That route also brings you past my house. haha

Cool....I'll do that sometime. I go kayaing in Alligator River swamp if you know where that is. It is west of Manteo. I see black bear almost everytime I go out. In a few years, my wife and I are planning to relocate. The Manteo area is a possibility.

Terry66 said:
Cool....I'll do that sometime. I go kayaing in Alligator River swamp if you know where that is. It is west of Manteo. I see black bear almost everytime I go out. In a few years, my wife and I are planning to relocate. The Manteo area is a possibility.

Very cool. Also if you just take I-95 to 64 in Rocky Mount you can shoot straight to Manteo that way, and it's a little easier than the 903/125 back roads, some people claim that getting on 64 with it's 65-70mph speed limit is faster, but the I can beat anyone going that way with the "through the woods" route any day... except the day I'll hit a deer. :lol:

kingfish254 said:
I am trying out another great beer from Duck Rabbit tonight that is very appropriate for this build off.

Duck Rabbit Hoppy Bunny ABA (Amercian Black Ale) - Very good 7% hoppy dark beer with a roasted flavor.

525539_347847898611975_156703131059787_65679795_996241565_n.jpg

KF

That brew is made about 15 miles from my house!

brett4christ said:
kingfish254 said:

KF

That brew is made about 15 miles from my house!

I know. I used to live in Lil Washington, so I know where Farmville is. I love this brewery! I haven't had a bad beer from them yet.

The only bad beer you ever had was when you couldn't get the top off! :mrgreen:

Back