BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may have been asked before but how does one vote on a bike and how many votes does one get to cast? There are alot of great builds. This is the first year that I have been able to follow all of the builds. Thanks guys!

Turtlesixfour said:
This may have been asked before but how does one vote on a bike and how many votes does one get to cast? There are alot of great builds. This is the first year that I have been able to follow all of the builds. Thanks guys!

You will see soon when Steve (RatRod) posts the voting poll. I am guessing this will go up tonight sometime. The voting stays open for a few days and if it is like last year, you get 3 votes. So start deciding your top three now. And while you're doing that, chant this mantra, it will bring you to a happy place.
Flexy is Sexy
Flexy is Sexy
Flexy is Sexy
Flexy is Sexy

:p 8)

Turtlesixfour said:
Thanks kingfish! Is that a brainwashing exercise! Haha!

No FLEXY way,FLEXY I FLEXY would FLEXY never FLEXY stoop FLEXY that FLEXY low FLEXY to FLEXY try FLEXY to FLEXY illicit FLEXY votes FLEXY for FLEXY my FLEXY un FLEXY named FLEXY build FLEXY off FLEXY bike!

nealon.bmp

Wondering what happened to rule #3. I see several bikes in the finished list with MAJOR frame mods. I have a bike I would have loved to enter but......I read the rules and thought we had to follow them.

iewheels said:
Wondering what happened to rule #3. I see several bikes in the finished list with MAJOR frame mods. I have a bike I would have loved to enter but......I read the rules and thought we had to follow them.

If I think it's breaking the law I won't vote for it.

raggedjim said:
iewheels said:

If I think it's breaking the law I won't vote for it.

Yeah, there are builds that push the limits or even break the limits, but I think most folks take that into voting consideration.
All of my work is bolt on with no cuts to the original frame.

I think everyone will have a different interpretation of the rules and will vote accordingly. Bottom line is that the voting is the final say on what is breaking the rules and what isn't.

jackdaw said:
When is voting? Is it any forum member or just builders?

Thanks

Read the earlier post about timing of voting. It will be open to all forum members.

bike2112 said:
texasbigjon said:
every forum member gets 3 votes!

Ugh, now I have to PM every member to vote for me. LOL!

Don't forget to sign up your wife, kids and dog with their own user name! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though...is anyone going to vote for themselves or at least admit they are? I don't think I could do that. Personally I love my bike, but if I get votes, I want them to mean something and not come from myself, family, friends, etc.

I agree with a lot of what yall are saying about the frame mods a lot of guys strayed away from rule 3. builders like kinfish an biker1212 built within those limits. I won't point out the builders who didn't an no one will really know if they didn't look at the build threads the flipped bikes are ifee in my opinion.I'm not trying to be a stickler for detail but widening rear sections is a mod that can't be reversed an several bikes where widened for massive tires. Several didn't even have a build thread granted mine wasn't as detailed as others but some aren't documented. I know this is for fun but it's about honor also we where offered an anything goes like most of us on here I chose the rules for various reasons an people should have followed the rules. My hats off to biker2112 for mosby's raider it an awesome bike an built with the rules in mind kingfish with flexy 7 did the same. That's the end of my rant I think for now.

I pointed out those two bikes because of there extreme make over they are the best examples of the creativity some builders went to to build there machines within the rules. I done now

I am pretty sure that Steve looks for any unusual activity during the voting, like all of a sudden 100 new members joining and such.
That's why I had all of my friends join 6 months ago! :p Just kidding of course.
I am having fun doing the tongue-in-cheek hyping of my bike, but no words I type are gonna get me any real votes. In the end it's the bikes that get the votes.
I'm just trying to extend the fun a bit longer!!!

kingfish254 said:
I am pretty sure that Steve looks for any unusual activity during the voting, like all of a sudden 100 new members joining and such.
That's why I had all of my friends join 6 months ago! :p Just kidding of course.
I am having fun doing the tongue-in-cheek hyping of my bike, but no words I type are gonna get me any real votes. In the end it's the bikes that get the votes.

Whoa, whoa...now I am confused. Do I or don't I get the six pack if I vote for you?

kingfish254 said:
Kingfish flexy speaks for itself your just rubbing it in the only competion you have is Biker2112 with Mosby's raider

I much prefer the rules as they are, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if BO8 was an anything goes build. I think Steve is tired of dealing with the hassle that stretching the rules brings. This is supposed to be a loose fun build off.

I personally don't care for the last minute entries that don't show any build documentation at all. That is definitely outside the rules and should be a DQ. I don't think they meant to break the rules, heck I don't think they even read the rules. I really think most of those entries are just a product of the success of the RRB FB page. To me you have to participate in the actual BUILD OFF to really experience the BUILD OFF. But in the end it brings more people to our forum and as they assimilate into the RAT BORG COLLECTIVE we will have more creative blood and builds flowing through our forum!!

big kountry said:
I agree with a lot of what yall are saying about the frame mods a lot of guys strayed away from rule 3. builders like kinfish an biker1212 built within those limits. I won't point out the builders who didn't an no one will really know if they didn't look at the build threads the flipped bikes are ifee in my opinion.I'm not trying to be a stickler for detail but widening rear sections is a mod that can't be reversed an several bikes where widened for massive tires. Several didn't even have a build thread granted mine wasn't as detailed as others but some aren't documented. I know this is for fun but it's about honor also we where offered an anything goes like most of us on here I chose the rules for various reasons an people should have followed the rules. My hats off to biker1212 for mobies raider it an awesome bike an built with the rules in mind kingfish with flexy 7 did the same. That's the end of my rant I think for now.

Rants are cool as long as they are civil (and yours is!). I am not sure how I feel about the rules and widening frames. Personally I like to build with vintage frames and rules or not, I am not into cutting up cool old vintage frames. I really wanted to use a '36 Roadmaster frame for the build off, but my 24X3 fat rear tire wouldn't fit, so I went with the Higgins because it did fit. That said, I don't think I would vote against someone for "widening" a frame a bit if I felt their bike was one of the top three. I guess it is a gray area where we all interpret the rules and draw a line.

Back