BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dogdart said:
I had fun , the end was stressful , but I got my bike in , and , for that I consider myself a winner , even if I don't get any votes
Amen brother.....I said the same thing. You win and your bike is your prize!

big kountry said:
kingfish254 said:
I am pretty sure that Steve looks for any unusual activity during the voting, like all of a sudden 100 new members joining and such.
That's why I had all of my friends join 6 months ago! :p Just kidding of course.
I am having fun doing the tongue-in-cheek hyping of my bike, but no words I type are gonna get me any real votes. In the end it's the bikes that get the votes.
I'm just trying to extend the fun a bit longer!!!
Kingfish flexy speaks for itself your just rubbing it in the only competion you have is Biker2112 with Mosby's raider

BK, I love Flexy and I am honored that you like her too, but there are a TON of bikes that are competition out there!!!!! It's gonna be tough for me to pick the top three because there are some incredible builds that I would love to have and ride!!!!!!! I think my bike can compte this year, but in no way whatsoever am I cocky enough to feel I have won anything out tof Build Off 7 except an awesome cool bike and the fun and honor of building alongside an amazingly creative group of builders.

I hope that next year isn't an anything goes it's more of a challenge to go by the rules an just look at the bikes that did they are amazing

Terry66 said:
dogdart said:
I had fun , the end was stressful , but I got my bike in , and , for that I consider myself a winner , even if I don't get any votes
Amen brother.....I said the same thing. You win and your bike is your prize!
+1 !!!!

There are 106 Prizes that have already been given out in the Finished Thread section.

Heck there are a ton other prizes left behind that didn't finish. Hope all of the guys that didn't finish keep us updated with the rest of their build.

I really wanted to see The Great Space Coaster finished.

Any one else have a build in mind that they would have liked to see completed?

I agree with you kingfish but the votes are going to see the engineering you put into making that work without modifying your frame like I said before Biker2112 an yourself really raised the bar. This was my first an not my last an the ideas I got will show in my next build off.

KOTA said:
Wider stays, extended dropouts, adding sidecars, flipped frames...It's ALL been done before. If Steve or a moderator hasn't contacted you, and said UH_UH. Then you must be good to go. If you think someone violated the rules, just don't vote for them! Everything mentioned above, I think is ingenious. Anyone can do it.
Good Luck to everyone!

Stock frame
001-3.jpg

GEOMETRY changed
BBO23-1.jpg

Little Green Monster by Zoombie Famer he had surgery an couldn't finish an his father wasn't able to finish for him

I don't think the last minute jockeying really matters, pretty sure most people use the gallery shots to judge as it's the only way to do any sort of side-by-side.

Anything goes would be all right as it doesn't guarantee anything really, I'd be more interested in controls on the threads themselves.

big kountry said:
Little Green Monster by Zoombie Famer he had surgery an couldn't finish an his father wasn't able to finish for him

Yeah, that would have been a cool one to see. I think he is doing well though. Did you see his killer 4-H project Godzilla bike build?!!!! EPIC for a kid his age if you ask me!! Chips has a good kid there.

socal_jack said:
I don't think the last minute jockeying really matters, pretty sure most people use the gallery shots to judge as it's the only way to do any sort of side-by-side.

You are so right. In the end it is comparing one bike against another and going with you gut (and knowledge of that build, if you followed it). It sure was fun last night trying to HOP over everyone once I realized the BUNNY business that was going on.

socal_jack said:
Anything goes would be all right as it doesn't guarantee anything really, I'd be more interested in controls on the threads themselves.

We can't really expect Steve and the moderators to be forum or build police to that extent. This is a fun challenge of skills. What happens, happens.

bike2112 said:
KF, Huge thank you for the motivation.

You're welcome B, it was fun and I still like the Freaky Bunnies!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

I think they were inspiration for my Flying Freaky Bunny Tigers seat.

FFBTSeat.jpg

Drat, foiled by a moderator posting on a locked forum again.
I lost the top spot in the finished section again. :p :mrgreen: :D

Now that would be funny if I had to give myself the DRAMA QUEEN Prize!!!

Be sure to slap me up side da head if you ever see me whine or moan here!!!!!!

kingfish254 said:
We can't really expect Steve and the moderators to be forum or build police to that extent. This is a fun challenge of skills. What happens, happens.

I'm not talking about policing, I think it would be a simple matter to prevent anyone but the originator of a build thread from posting anything but a text comment. I'd eliminate quoting, pics, and links from the commenter capability. I stopped following many builds after they got too lengthy as most of the content was just chatting, unrelated pics, and needless quoting, double quoting, triple quoting and so on very annoying especially surfing from smartphone at lunch or whatever.

EDIT: Anything more than that could be done by PM and spare us all the misery.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and block site moderators(except for steve oof course) from posting after a forum has supposedly been locked

bike2112 said:
kingfish254 said:
Now that would be funny if I had to give myself the DRAMA QUEEN Prize!!!

Be sure to slap me up side da head if you ever see me whine or moan here!!!!!!

"The King of Drama Queens" LOL, couldn't resist!

Now that's funny right there!! :D

Personally I think Steve and crew do a bang up job of moderation without overkill. We're all big boys and girls and we got a set of rules and we all interpret the rules and build/vote accordingly. That works for me. Besides, this is one of those instances when the journey of the build is better than any prize you can win by finishing first, second or whatever.

kingfish254 said:
big kountry said:

Yeah, that would have been a cool one to see. I think he is doing well though. Did you see his killer 4-H project Godzilla bike build?!!!! EPIC for a kid his age if you ask me!! Chips has a good kid there.

Thanks to you both. Aaron and I were just talking about the LGM. He definitely wants to finish it. I wish I could've finished it for him. But even with the blessings of members here, I still felt like it would've been cheating to an extent. Right now Aaron is enjoying the finest pain killers the pharmesutical companies have to offer and has activity and weight restrictions on top of that. But he's definitely expressed his desire to want to finish the LGM!

His persistence through this has inspired me! At Riley Hospital, patients can get pulled around in a red wagon like a Radio Flyer. The only down side is they're all one size, so a small moose like Aaron doesn't fit in it very well. So he and I are going to build a custom larger wagon to donate to the ward he was in for any other older kids like him are a patient there. This way a good thing can come from a not so good thing that can be enjoyed for years to come!

And oh.....how does the voting work and when does it start? Sorry if it's been covered already. I haven't been able to keep up with all the threads lately.

Terry66 said:
Personally I think Steve and crew do a bang up job of moderation without overkill. We're all big boys and girls and we got a set of rules and we all interpret the rules and build/vote accordingly. That works for me. Besides, this is one of those instances when the journey of the build is better than any prize you can win by finishing first, second or whatever.

I'm with this feller... I also know the off-topic items can get old but if you cut out the shenanigans (at the risk of being pistol whipped) then this becomes more like work and less like, well, something enjoyable...

Back