Cobrafreak's board track racer project, has ended

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Cobrafreak's board track racer project, never ends!

Here is a close up of the BMX down hill stem.
IMG00339-20110129-1319.jpg

Here is the overall new profile of the bike. The extra length, though subtle is noticeable. The fork looks right. The stem look better. the handlebars are much improved. Much more comfortable! No more back pain!
IMG00340-20110129-1434.jpg

Update, 2/12/11, I was using an old skateboard wheel for my Indians engine chain slack adjuster wheel for a long time. I wanted to see what it would be like to ride with the stock hard plastic chain slack adjuster wheel. It has a single bearing in it and it seems to be made of the same material as a white kitchen chopping board. Wow. Wretched misery. It sounded so loud that I thought a bearing in my engine case may be going bad. What a piece of Junk!!! Any transition from power to coast with the clutch engaged was very jerky and miserable. I put the poly urethane skate board wheel back on. Smooth, quiet, doesn't feel like it's going to fly apart at any moment. I HIGHLY recommend that you take the stock white hard plastic chain slack adjuster wheel and throw it directly in the trash and get a skate board wheel. Night and day.

I uses a skate board wheel also for my chain tensioner, the polyurethane is alot softer than polyethylene (the stuff chopping boards are made of) this is why it runs alot quieter. The skate board wheels are easily shaped on a bench drill, you could also use a hand drill if you can clamp it to the bench, a file is then used to shape the skateboard wheel to the desired size, shape... They work a treat mine looks like its new and has done hundreds of kilometers.

KiM

AussieJester said:
I uses a skate board wheel also for my chain tensioner, the polyurethane is alot softer than polyethylene (the stuff chopping boards are made of) this is why it runs alot quieter. The skate board wheels are easily shaped on a bench drill, you could also use a hand drill if you can clamp it to the bench, a file is then used to shape the skateboard wheel to the desired size, shape... They work a treat mine looks like its new and has done hundreds of kilometers.

KiM

I like your electric bike, especially your spring-loaded chain tensioner. I have been thinking of a way to do a spring chain tensioner and now that I saw yours I think I got it now. I'm going to need to find a really heavy-duty spring to make it work with 415 chain that has an extra long length like mine.

About half of the people that ask me about it actually believe it's the real thing. The other half, enthusiasts, gear heads, think its cool. It's more fun to operate than my Cobra.

CDI cover looks good. How about shortening the bolts and putting these on?

31MJFXMP7EL._SL500_AA300_PIcountsize-100,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

Dang, that thing came out amazing!! After just reading every page of your post, you my friend have just pushed me into project mode!! I've got a new Huffy on the way that just might get converted!! :D

Carbon said:
Dang, that thing came out amazing!! After just reading every page of your post, you my friend have just pushed me into project mode!! I've got a new Huffy on the way that just might get converted!! :D

That is what I want to hear! It is a lot of fun riding around with an old looking machine and having people ask questions and taking pictures and all the thumbs up. I actually rode into a Renaissance Fair by accident a couple of weeks ago. They had their clans, open campfires, combat with swords and sticks, etc. I got off my bike and parked and said, "Hello ancient ones, I am a time traveller from the early part of the 20th Century and I have come with my motorized machine to witness your lifestyle". We all had a lot of fun :)

I am assembling a period outfit to wear to living history events in Old Sacramento as well as parades. I just got my leather helmet from Parcel Post. Really comfortable. Got my boots today as well in dark brown, not tan like the picture. These guys are tall. They come up to the bottom of the kneecap.

2997762.jpg

cf_br.jpg

IMG00388-20110308-1933.jpg

Here is my Son modeling some of my new clothes for retro riding days. The pants I ordered from Soviet ARMY surplus were a tad too small for me, so I am having a pair made for me at Schipperfabrik that are 1908 U.S. ARMY breeches that are close to this picture.
IMG00392-20110309-1611.jpg

IMG00391-20110309-1611-1.jpg

Okay, I can ignore the gel grips and plastic bar-end mirror, but those MTB pedals are gettin' on my nerves. :p :lol:

deorman said:
Okay, I can ignore the gel grips and plastic bar-end mirror, but those MTB pedals are gettin' on my nerves. :p :lol:
+1! :lol:

Far, far better, although to be perfectly frank, a plain straight rubber block or really old steel cage would be optimum, IMO. :|

Latest posts

Back