Cobrafreak's board track racer project, has ended

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Cobrafreak's board track racer project, never ends!

Like this-

sensor said:
sactfinished001-1.jpg
Or maybe product #6431 http://www.hiwheel.com/parts/index.htm :mrgreen:

I got tired of adjusting the engine chain tensioner so I had an idea for an automatic chain adjuster. Just finished it up and test rode it. Works great and I won't need to .... around with the chain tension ever again! I used a big brass plate for looks but under it is steel, so it will last. The local Ace Hardware had plenty of springs to choose from. I had to balance between too soft and too hard.
IMG00397-20110319-1405.jpg

IMG00395-20110319-1404.jpg

Hey cobra freak, that outfit is AWESOME!! Im really into the steam punk victorian era stuff, where did you come across those goggles and that cap, I would love to get a pair! :D :D

Ok, I finished the whole chain tensioner setup. The problem I was having was with the chain not being stabilized. I have a long reach of chain from engine to rear sprocket. It takes me 1.5 chains to make the complete run of chain, and to compound the problem the extra wide 26x2.35 tires are really close to the chain. If I go over a bump the chain would vibrate and put a streak of grease on the tire. The bottom section of chain didn't vibrate due to the chain adjuster wheel, but the top run of chain was just too long. So along with the chain tensioner I posted earlier I added a stationary idler wheel on the seat down tube. Now I don't have a long run of chain anymore that is unsupported and it is really smooth.
IMG00402-20110320-1904.jpg

LarzBahrs said:
Hey cobra freak, that outfit is AWESOME!! Im really into the steam punk victorian era stuff, where did you come across those goggles and that cap, I would love to get a pair! :D :D

Here you go. Send a pic of your steam riding outfit! The leather helmet comes with two pairs of goggles BTW.

Here is the leather helmet link:
http://motorcycle-retro-helmets.com/Mot ... 42935.aspx

And here is the link for the boots if you are interested.
http://cgi.ebay.com/CF-MEN-BUCKLE-ENGLI ... 905af3390e

Upgrade day. Black leather grips with red stitching and old school rubber block pedals. The pedals were 9/16"'s and my crank arms were 1/2" so I had to get these cool titanium adapters from a company called "Knee Savers". You can get a strait extension 9/16 to 9/16 or you can get an extension/adapter 9/16 to 1/2. Gives me about an extra inch outward so I don't have to pedal funny to clear the exhaust.
IMG00406-20110321-2007.jpg

IMG00404-20110321-2006.jpg

sweet! love those grips you pritty cool on the spacer front to! :mrgreen:

Fork upgrade

I wanted to make a leaf spring front fork for the Indian being that leaf springs are what Indian used up into the 30"s. The spring is non-functional, just for looks. I took it out for a test ride and it is really good handling. I can let go of the bars at speed and the bike tracks in a strait line. About time! Before I thought I would crash if I let go of a grip. I will add girders to the front fork later on. Ran out of time today to make some. Here are a few photos:

fork1.jpg

fork2.jpg

fork3.jpg

Having fun with photoshop and my 1911 .45 and my 1928 Thompson :)
IMG00436-20110407-1234-1.jpg

IMG00432-20110407-1232-1.jpg

Upgrade time! I ordered and installed the longer "Poo Poo" exhaust. It does three things really well. It gets the muffler out of the way of the pedals when I need to start the bike, it looks more like a classic motorcycle exhaust, and it is super quiet. Really flipping quiet! It almost doesn't sound like a 2 stroke, which is fine by me. Power went down by about 3-5%, but it's really a wonderful trade off. I highly recommend this pipe for those who use the China Girl engine.
IMG00455-20110418-1853.jpg

Love the forks, they look really good. I may have to copy your single idle wheel for the chain. Does it stop the chain from hitting the rear tyre and leaving ugly black marks? And i like how you filled in below the motor with a faux plate. And your title is very accurate. You seem to always be improving it...... proving our rides are never "actually" finished........ :D

harry76 said:
Love the forks, they look really good. I may have to copy your single idle wheel for the chain. Does it stop the chain from hitting the rear tyre and leaving ugly black marks? And i like how you filled in below the motor with a faux plate. And your title is very accurate. You seem to always be improving it...... proving our rides are never "actually" finished........ :D

Yes. The bottom length of chain is covered with the automatic chain adjuster but I needed the idler wheel to keep the top length of chain from hitting the tire. Works great. Never ever done........

Cosmetic Upgrade day

I made the fuel tank supports red like the rest of the bike and replaced the chrome washers and bolts with brass washers and screws. I really like the new look because it is less busy.
IMG00454-20110418-1851.jpg

Latest posts

Back