Countdown to build off 18

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1682345452601.png

Se7ven days to go, and I'm over here waiting for parts and the start of this build-off...

Screenshot_20230424-110406_Google.jpg

I will vote for any build done by a full time working employee. I entered last years build and had to do something every day on the bike to get it done. My wife is way cool about me doing the build off’s, but did mention that it was taxing on our relationship, due to not spending much time together. Builders with already dialed in plans, and ones with plenty of free time will do well this build. I predict less entries and more DNF’s. I’ll be sitting by and watching the action.
Last year I was working 50+ hours a week during the build off until the last few weeks. It was tight, but I got her done. Definitely wouldn't have finished such an ambitious project last year with the 90 day build time

Last year I was working 50+ hours a week during the build off until the last few weeks. It was tight, but I got her done. Definitely wouldn't have finished such an ambitious project last year with the 90 day build time
Same. I squeaked by. Luckily I didn’t need to do any painting on the bike. Just time to build a tank and paint it. Maybe the timeline will keep the bikes ratty.

I still can’t use my right hand from the finger fusion. Not only that it’s been below freezing at night with daytime highs mostly in the 30s. There is about 25% snow pack covering the woods and the trails are covered in compacted snow ice. It’s windy so the waves will break up the lake slush ice. That might be gone tomorrow. I can only do a half hour of yard work as the wind gets to you. You dress for winter and yard work makes you too hot. A medium and light jacket, flannel lined hat with earmuffs, work gloves. Flannel lined pants and rubber boots with felt packs are good for a half hour of light outside work. Obviously I’ll just poke away on bike builds. First thing is to collect the parts, which I haven’t even inventoried yet. There scattered and mixed, chaos and entropy.
31FB5648-A6DA-4FE6-88DD-CB25B03129F1.jpeg

I still can’t use my right hand from the finger fusion. Not only that it’s been below freezing at night with daytime highs mostly in the 30s. There is about 25% snow pack covering the woods and the trails are covered in compacted snow ice. It’s windy so the waves will break up the lake slush ice. That might be gone tomorrow. I can only do a half hour of yard work as the wind gets to you. You dress for winter and yard work makes you too hot. A medium and light jacket, flannel lined hat with earmuffs, work gloves. Flannel lined pants and rubber boots with felt packs are good for a half hour of light outside work. Obviously I’ll just poke away on bike builds. First thing is to collect the parts, which I haven’t even inventoried yet. There scattered and mixed, chaos and entropy.View attachment 229165
The ice got busted up and blown off late yesterday and overnight. It’s calm now. Still below freezing this morning.
613CBBEB-211A-47C9-BAB1-3EFE7DDB898B.jpeg

4 Days To Go

1682513901217.jpeg

The weather is too nice to stay cooped up in my house today. All the voices are screaming "Do it! Get started on your build!" So I went for a ride to shut them up
IMG_20230427_175321235.jpg

The weather is too nice to stay cooped up in my house today. All the voices are screaming "Do it! Get started on your build!" So I went for a ride to shut them upView attachment 229351
Ive been fighting tearing down that stretched RM doublebar of mine to parts as well. As some of the parts for the shelby have arrived it makes me want to put it together and test fit it to a roller.. Luckily I haven't decided on a fork or seat yet so I just look at it as I walk by.

Lots of undecided details as of yet.

Waiting to hear Jake say "GET TO BUILDING!" and get to building.

Back