Countdown to build off 18

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry. Got pulled away for work stuff

Journals are live!!!!!!!

I have to be up for a 4am teleconference. Goodnight
Somebody try and post a build journal to make sure all is well please

Have mountain bikes ever been a thing to enter in the RRBO? My apartment complex chose to remove all bike racks from the facilities. All 10+ multi units. Lots of bikes left behind. I picked a couple of mountain bikes to play with. Maybe just a build, not in the build off. Any thoughts?
@SkyknightJohn did a beauty

Link here

Polish_20230430_133340010.jpg

Have mountain bikes ever been a thing to enter in the RRBO? My apartment complex chose to remove all bike racks from the facilities. All 10+ multi units. Lots of bikes left behind. I picked a couple of mountain bikes to play with. Maybe just a build, not in the build off. Any thoughts?
Well, people usually go for cruiser frames as a starting point (class 1) because they usually have more pleasing lines than a mtb.
An mtb also has a relatively restricting geometry to play around with bars and seating arrangements.
But there have been builds, for sure. I think many of us have an mtb that we tailored to our preferences. I have done these two, but not in a BO:
IMG_20210110_143730.jpg
IMG_20210119_172019.jpg

IMG_20210110_173402.jpg

Yes. And quite a few during the Off-Road and Winter BO's in the past.

Here is my re-enactment build of my 1990 Fisher CR7 that I did for BO 13. Lots of time, parts gathering, historical background, and nostalgia went into this build. Hmmmm, that sounds like the format for a number of build off builds over the years.....

Build an MTB. Have fun. And enjoy the heck out of riding it. It's the SUV of the bicycle world!

Final photo 2 (2).jpg
36676465_2466797633346381_7805981912337481728_n.jpg

Yes. And quite a few during the Off-Road and Winter BO's in the past.

Here is my re-enactment build of my 1990 Fisher CR7 that I did for BO 13. Lots of time, parts gathering, historical background, and nostalgia went into this build. Hmmmm, that sounds like the format for a number of build off builds over the years.....

Build an MTB. Have fun. And enjoy the heck out of riding it. It's the SUV of the bicycle world!

View attachment 229863View attachment 229862
Very nice bike! Thanks for sharing @OddJob !✌🏻

Wah! It’s been a slush blizzard all day so far. It’s bad, two feet of snow on the hill tops. It’s so wet that the water has settled to the bottom of the snow and the water is over my boots. In town near Lake Superior there is only about 8 inches but go up and it’s markedly worse. Everything is shut down, except the snowplows. I’ve never experienced this much fresh slush in my life. It’s 29 degrees but the snow is so wet that it’s flooding the intersections. Very strange. It might do this for another day, but the weather guesser is usually wrong.

Wah! It’s been a slush blizzard all day so far. It’s bad, two feet of snow on the hill tops. It’s so wet that the water has settled to the bottom of the snow and the water is over my boots. In town near Lake Superior there is only about 8 inches but go up and it’s markedly worse. Everything is shut down, except the snowplows. I’ve never experienced this much fresh slush in my life. It’s 29 degrees but the snow is so wet that it’s flooding the intersections. Very strange. It might do this for another day, but the weather guesser is usually wrong.
It’s made the national news, it was already a record setting storm this morning, before it really started to blizzard.

It’s going to continue to blizzard until 2 pm tomorrow. A winter storm warning has been issued. Thirty mile an hour winds with gusts to 40, down trees, power outages and impossible travel. We’re cozy in a warm in bed listening to the wind blowing.
Thirty years ago Alabama had a once in a century blizzard. It is known by everyone around here as 'the blizzard of '93'. I'll never forget the sound of tree limbs snapping all night long. We were without power for a week but stayed warm in my shop by a gas heater.

Thirty years ago Alabama had a once in a century blizzard. It is known by everyone around here as 'the blizzard of '93'. I'll never forget the sound of tree limbs snapping all night long. We were without power for a week but stayed warm in my shop by a gas heater.
.... Dreamland Bar-B-Que; Best ribs EVER. Here in Syracuse we have Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, which is also really good and has a very unique menu, but I ain't NEVER had nothin' like Dreamland!

Latest posts

Back