Countdown to RRBBO-9! ...START!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have alittle bit over $100 in various paints for my build now.
Took me forever to find the main frame paint color locally.
Initial testing of frame paint finish looks very nice on a sample item.
Got a lot of my pieces and parts already.

Only need a few other items to go, namely handlebars, and to make a custom tank, which is proving to be quite the mental exercise, can't seem to get a design which both proves to be aesthically pleasing that fits with the concept, and is easily mountable to a frame not made for a tank.

I have zero experience metalworking outside of cutting and soldering some plumbing, and 8th grade metalshop class some 20 years ago, and zero tools. My woodworking skills and tools available are just barely above that.

This is proving to be quite the exercise for my imagination.

Going to be hard for me to meet the deadline, as I am not looking to break down my bike until after my Vacation June 8-15th.

Well, since everyone seems to be going ahead and showing some of their cards, I'll play along. I'll give a hint and a name....see my avatar for the hint.
The name shall be "Bonine Bovine Supreme"

I think a lot of people are going to incorporate Bonine in there name.

My is "Bonine Bullnose Bully"

It is funny how the name BONINE got caught up and ran with....

Guess I should have copyrighted the term "BONINE" when I coined it, then I could be collecting royalties!!!!
So actually, even CeeBee would be playing follow the leader with "BONINE BOVINE SUPREME"! :cool2::p

Last edited:
Too late.
36373601241.jpg

Someone should do a cow print bike this year and call it the BONINE BOVINE. :android:
EAT MOR CHIKIN!

First use of BONINE BOVINE on Jan 30, 2014 :crazy:

Regardless of what you name it, no one can ever say that you are a follower when it comes to bike builds!!! :praise:
I still want to know what happened to the bubble tank?

I wonder when Jake Sensei will exit his ninja stealth mode and Git Ta Buildin?

I think a lot of people are going to incorporate Bonine in there name.

My is "Bonine Bullnose Bully"
Double Nickle, Today at 2:51 PM

i really wish i had an idea for a salts flat styled bicycle i would love to name it
BOnNINEville

however mine will be called "Hoosier 500"
null_zps281b7081.jpg

thanx to ceebee and double nickle i have the frame i needed

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396920313.760164.jpg

So what is it going to be?

I dig the folders man. I just refinished one myself. This was a roached out trash pick I grabbed last summer.

Vintage folders are under represented on here IMO.

But, back to the bonine talks.
Working on ideas for my project, I finally have a rough concept sketch of my tank now.

All I can say is, no one has ever attempted a build similar to what I'll be trying to do. I hope it turns out how I envision it, and that I can get it done in the time allotted.

In that same note: what kind of prep work is allowed before the buildoff official begins if anything?

no23_zpscc91ccf1.jpg

Momma Jats is getting misty eyed and poken around my parts pile.
:) I think she has picked a bike also but she is not telling me which one!
Well you could start saying you are picking this bike then see the reaction. Then change your mind if you get no reaction.

Momma Jats is getting misty eyed and poken around my parts pile.
:) I think she has picked a bike also but she is not telling me which one!

That is because...just because...ya know...I'll give you a hint. It's blue and you are not going to be happy.

Latest posts

Back