Done DONE!!!! Capt. America's Zenith Fastback!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get an extra deko disc and you can have a Capt America shield fairing up front. Complete with a hole in the middle for shooting .

Nate sent me an extra flatter Capt. America disc in case I needed it for this build. I don't think I will use it that way......but it might come in handy somewhere down the line.

I just can't quit working on this thing. I decided that it is time to see if I can get rid of some of the writing on the sidewalls of these tires. When I got them, I thought that I could just sand the lettering off but it is a white panel that is manufactured int
IMG_1862.JPG
IMG_1862.JPG
IMG_1863.JPG
o the tire with black overlay so the lettering shows. I picked up some Plastidip in flat black.
IMG_1864.jpg

And then taped off the area that I didn't want to show. I don't mind the company name, but I think everything else needs to go.
IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

After I taped the area off, I scuffed it with some scotchbrite pads and sprayed the plastidip on. It took about 3 coats to cover completely. This stuff has a lot of solids and it takes a little practice to get a nice coat.

IMG_1866.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

I will cross my fingers and hope that this stuff stays on and doesn't peel! It is almost undetectable and I hope it will blend even better as it cures. That valve stem is bugging me, I am going to have to deflate it and make an adjustment.

Attachments

• IMG_1866.JPG
    IMG_1866.JPG
    409 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1868.JPG
    IMG_1868.JPG
    315.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
IMG_1865.JPG
IMG_1867.JPG
I know that I said the next pictures would be with the bars on........well that will have to wait a day or two. Here is how it looks after the work on the tires.

Last edited:
If the plastidip peels off you might try back to black, its for auto detail but it works great on bumper covers and such on modern cars.
Thanks for the tip, I had thought of black vinyl dye for a backup also.

You gotta do something with that valve stem......it ruins the whole bike.:39:
:21::21::21::21::21::21: Yah right.

I have some cool american flag valve caps coming in, I guess that is what drew my eye to that flaw.:p

I have a feeling we're going to start seeing a bunch of bikes with Deco Discs now. They look great!! So does the rest of the bike. I have a bike with the valve stem that is crooked too. I can't stand it! All I have to do is deflate the tire a little and move it, but I guess I've been a little lazy lately.

Probably right about the dekodiscs, we'll see how many show up in the build off. After seeing these, I'm eager to get mine painted. Just have to wait a few months.

This bike makes me proud to be American, just want to stand and salute this thing, awesome job man.

Thanks Man! You just made me even prouder to have built it!

You should be proud, This is a top quality build.

Thanks again, I almost think I should have saved this bike for the build off, but I do have something very fun planned for that too!!

Dang........I just started using my old photobucket account to post pictures again. NOW, it looks like all of my pictures have been cleared out of the account. I can only imagine that because I had a FREE account and photobucket wasn't making any money from me, that they pulled this crap. I will try to figure out how to start posting pictures again..

Thanks Scott, I will try that! A couple of times, I tried to add pictures direct from my computer, but I could see them but others could not.

Back