DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This just made my Monday. I love this bike!!!
That's awesome, thanks!
Such terrific lines with this bike!
Thank you CRASH!
I cant get enough of this bike! Hope you are getting close to paint:p I also cant wait to see how much nicer of a rear jack you are going to make than me:D I felt guilty for a second when I started making mine knowing you were planning one as well, but since you didn't stat yet I figured it was fair game;)
It's all fair game.;)
That's probably one of the last things I'll tackle. I still have several things left to do that will take up most of the remaining time. I'm happy about making it officially a rider so that I can check that off the rules requirement early. I know that I can submit the bike now even if I can't finish all of my plans. It was about this time last year that I had to abandon my plans and start over!:blackeye:

Got the seat pedestal finished up today! It's boxed in on the back and welded snugly to the frame. I haven't reassembled it yet, but it should be plenty strong now.
100_7152_zpse0614d48.jpg

In the first week I mentioned that I would be using some table legs on the bike.
This week I'll be working them in.:)

This shows one before and one after being cut to fit. Can you guess where they will go?:D
100_7167_zps2031e819.jpg

Drag pipes it is!
Here's a mock up of one side using band clamps, but the clamps are temporary.
dragpipes_zps4fd64519.jpg

In this picture you can see where I used a torch to heat the chrome to turn it blue which is typical on chrome pipes.
100_7175_zpscf347bdc.jpg

This picture also shows the newly added steel plate sandwiched over the aluminum dropouts for extra strength.

Last edited:
What a drag!;) It looks sweet!
Thanks!
Thanks +1
My jaw literally fell off my face when I saw that drag pipe:eek: And good idea about the steel plate, the hub nut would chew up the pretty aluminum;)
Hope your jaw heals up soon.:21: The steel plate will prevent digging in the aluminum and it might come into play for a place to attach a mount for the pipes. Still working that out as I go.
The other end of them drag pipes gonna smooth into the frame? I like the blue burn patina too.

Carl.
Yes. I plan to cut the frame tubes and slide the pipes over them so that it's one continuous line from the tank to the tip.
Inspiring work my friend, I'm glued to this one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! Still got more to come, don't change that dial!:grin:
Very cool!

Luke.
Thanks Luke, I remember from back at the beginning that you were waiting to see the table legs, I'm glad you like it!
:blush:

Just my opinion, but I like it better without the pipe, but the first pic is the best with the pipe.
Love the sammich plates.

Short pipes be more like open headers... more rat that way too.
Long pipes would be cool if they were fish tailed...
:39: (man I oughta do that to mine...)

Carl.

Back