DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not fair!:D:D:D:D
The light in the upper pic is much more dramatic, hence it looks way better:D:D:D:D
That said, I´m willing to take a step back ´cause I now know there will be a purpose for those pipes...:agree:

Sorry, every1:p

And of course I´m a fan of using stuff that just happened to be available (and wasn´t meant to be there in the first hand).
That´s the essence of RAT, isn´t it??

As said before, bike is awesome anyway.

Last edited:
You should turn it into a Turbospoke!!:D
Actually, looking at both of those pics, I like it with the pipe better. Build what makes you smile!

It's seems that the short version is the clear front runner out of the three lengths (confirming my thoughts). But since there were a few in favor of no pipes at all, I thought that I should do a side by side comparison of with or without pipes.

Let me know what you think.
Pipesornot_zps7c38b6d6.jpg

Yep... I agree. Seeing them side by side like that definately changes my mind. The pipe will be an excellent taillight. Will there be one on the other side too?

Glen.

brilliant! :cool:

I like the short pipe . It is a continuation of amazing lines .
Dang this bike is killer! :praise:

OK, now that all of the dissenters are on board, it's time to cut and weld!:D

Seriously, thanks for all of the opinions and comments from everyone! And yes Glen, there will be one for each side. I'll be getting everything ready for welding tomorrow.:)

TRM,

The pipes flow as an extension of the frame. Great design.
Thanks, that was what inspired me to consider adding the pipes in the first place. The original frame design made it seamless for adding them without it looking like an after thought just stuck on with no rhyme or reason.

I hope to reassemble everything today and check to see if anything is out of line. There's just enough weld to hold it together but not too much to make it hard to cut loose if something's not right. Once I'm satisfied that everything's the way I want it, it will get welded more permanently.

I'm not sure how many times I've taken it apart and put it back together, but it's back together again (for now).:) After pulling strings on it, the alignment needed just a little adjusting from front to rear but everything else looked good. The pipes are level with each other but the strange thing is that the original tubes where off. It wasn't noticeable until I lined the pipes up for welding and had to raise one side a little. It turns out that one of the dropouts is about 1/8" farther forward than the other also. I guess when these where in production, they didn't take much time to perfectly line things up.

I took it out for a test ride with my son and the seat post didn't budge this time. We made it about half way around the neighborhood and the transmission started making a little noise, so we turned back. I'll open it up to see what the problem is later this evening if I have time. I usually don't mess with anything on Sundays and Monday I have to change the water pump on my truck, so the bike will probably have to wait a few days.:(

Here's a couple of pix with the new pipes...
100_7188_zpsdc0f6b95.jpg

100_7189_zpsf774644e.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure how many times I've taken it apart and put it back together, but it's back together again (for now).:) After pulling strings on it, the alignment needed just a little adjusting from front to rear but everything else looked good. The pipes are level with each other but the strange thing is that the original tubes where off. It wasn't noticeable until I lined the pipes up for welding and had to raise one side a little. It turns out that one of the dropouts is about 1/8" farther forward than the other also. I guess when these where in production, they didn't take much time to perfectly line things up.

I took it out for a test ride with my son and the seat post didn't budge this time. We made it about half way around the neighborhood and the transmission started making a little noise, so we turned back. I'll open it up to see what the problem is later this evening if I have time. I usually don't mess with anything on Sundays and Monday I have to change the water pump on my truck, so the bike will probably have to wait a few days.:(

Here's a couple of pix with the new pipes...
100_7188_zpsdc0f6b95.jpg

100_7189_zpsf774644e.jpg
Always cool.

Brace yourself
August is Coming!

Brace yourself
August is Coming!
And it'll get here quick!

After running out of time and starting over last year, I never assume that I'll have plenty of time! At least it's a rider, so it'll make it one way or another.:)

Every time I see this bike I wish I would have built something this cool. And I love how you made the pipes look like they got hot.

Every time I see this bike I wish I would have built something this cool. And I love how you made the pipes look like they got hot.
Yeah right, as if Agent Orange isn't just as cool.:acute:
As for the pipes, They look like they got hot because they did get very hot from a torch!:grin:

Back