dump tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all,

I found an old racing frame with one broken wheel and bent forks in a dumpster a few months ago, so naturally i took it home and dumped it in my garage for a later time. Well this weekend was that time. A few hours of sanding, a few cans of black spray paint, a few bits and pieces i had laying around the garage, some new pedals, bar tape and a chain and this is what i came up with.

blackbike.jpg

blackbike-4.jpg

blackbike-3.jpg

blackbike-2.jpg

Wow...if that's what you can build with some stuff you just have laying around, I'd like to see what you'd come up with if you actually planned one out!

That's one of the meanest looking diamond frame bikes we've seen here to date...great job! :D

Rat Rod said:
Wow...if that's what you can build with some stuff you just have laying around, I'd like to see what you'd come up with if you actually planned one out!

That's one of the meanest looking diamond frame bikes we've seen here to date...great job! :D

Thanks, It really feels good when some hard work turns out nice and is noticed. I actually did some more work to my motorized bike too. I tried my hand at some engine turning on the left side engine case, and I found some WWII ammo bags that i had to put on my bike. Hope you like it.

boardbag.jpg

boardbag-3.jpg

boardbag-2.jpg

boardbag-4.jpg

Dude, that bike looks so good! WOW!!! That is some real inspiration.
boardbag.jpg

I love the track bike, too. I really like the blacked out look. looks mean! 8)

Dang! :shock:
That is AWESOME! That was a trashed-out dumpster bike?!
Wow. Verrrry cool! 8)

Wow! I've come back to look at that track bike 4 times now. That's really great work you did there! I seriously need to get back out into the garage.

what a really sweet makeover! :D im starting to really dig some of the diamond frame bike builds ive seen in the last year!very classy! 8) i think some pics out in the sun are in order.

Sick bike!
Bring it out to Bike party this Friday.
Dig the progress on the MotorBike. Since I saw your bike at Chuck's, I've upgraded my buddy's bike with stronger spokes and etc.

kidricer said:
Sick bike!
Dig the progress on the MotorBike. Since I saw your bike at Chuck's, I've upgraded my buddy's bike with stronger spokes and etc.

I was definitely going to come to the bike party tonight but the weather doesnt look so good, i got no fenders on the bike so no bueno with rain. Small world about Chuck's shop!! did we meet or talk? Got any pics of your buddies bike? what is etc? :lol:

thanks for the love rat rodders!! to be honest I never really liked diamond frames, too angular, its all about the curves :wink: but the frame was free so i figured i might as well try something... now im thinking about making a motorized diamond frame bike :?

thanks K4RL, both bikes are running 26x2.125 balloon tires, the cream ones are Felt Quick Bricks and the track bike has some Chinese knock off Schwinn Typhoon Cords.

jasper87 said:
kidricer said:
Sick bike!

I was definitely going to come to the bike party tonight but the weather doesnt look so good, i got no fenders on the bike so no bueno with rain. Small world about Chuck's shop!! did we meet or talk? Got any pics of your buddies bike? what is etc? :lol:

My girlfriend and I didn't headout too cuz of the weather. Chuck is a great guy. I rode over to the shop one day on a cheap walmart motored bike, It's black and had some weak ... spokes. The bike is in bike builds "just for fun build" :
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22035&p=224960&hilit=just+for+fun+kidricer#p224960
The bike's holdin' up and is in SF now. The etc. is for the small chain ring, like the one on your motoredbike, looked cool, so I put one on his bike. The crank arms are short, so the small chain made start-ups a bit easier. It looks alright.

Back