>>> Elgin Burrito Concept<<<

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Ok, so I just spent a bunch on a really nice, but fully repainted, Elgin mototbike frame, fenders and fork (see Bike Builds), but I just can't help wanting to build something very similar to this. Yes, it's and Elgin Burrito. Now, all the purists are gonna be slightly tweaked about ruining an original frame and I am not sold yet on cutting this one up, but the bike is a great start to this. The top of the drawing shows a preferable wheel/frame design for the rear end. Comments/criticism/ideas welcome! :lol:

ElginSled.jpg

from this

ElginRepaint1.jpg

the basic frame looks like any old ten speed from a thrift store. if you're not sure, cut up one of those to get the idea right, then come back to this one and commence to sawin'.

yeshoney said:
but I just can't help wanting to build something very similar to this. Yes, it's and Elgin Burrito.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:-cough-cough :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't get why it's so important you use the original Elgin frame for the burrito. From the looks of your concept sketch, just about nothing from the original frame will be carried over, so why cut up the original frame for the tubes? You could easily build one in that style using another bike as a base, or go fully custom and build the frame yourself.

Or cut it up, just means mine's going to be worth more when I find it.

hotfoot said:
I don't get why it's so important you use the original Elgin frame for the burrito. From the looks of your concept sketch, just about nothing from the original frame will be carried over, so why cut up the original frame for the tubes? You could easily build one in that style using another bike as a base, or go fully custom and build the frame yourself.

Or cut it up, just means mine's going to be worth more when I find it.

Boardtrack fan said:
I will trade you my bent Elgin motorbike frame + cash for that one. That way you won't ruin a good frame and you still have a Elgin burrito.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i am lost for words but because i have been on a roll lately........DO IT!!!!!

Try to build the burrito frame and then add the Elgin's tank and whatever else on to the homebuilt frame. That way you could always go back to the original. And that's coming from me, I cut up everything! :wink:

Yeah, unless that frame's cracked or broke keep it as is. It's your call though.

At first I cringed....but then...ah what the heck thas what this sight is about...so continue Dr. with the operation [TOO bad its not a schwinn] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

man, I thought I have no shame when it comes to messing with a bike, I can't leave anytihng I've owned stock. I don't think I would have the stones to actually cut up that old iron....

Rat Rod said:
Is it April 1st today? :wink:
Somewhere in the Universe!

If you were to take a burrito and a pile of "dung", Joe would pay more attention to the latter, then spend ANY time looking at a BURRITO,never mind BUILDING one :lol:

u know if you go through with that sensor's head might explode :shock: sorta makes me wonder what uncle stretch would do with a 34 schwinn aero cycle since we all sorta know where he sits with them. at this rate we are gonna get put on the CABE hit list, maybe even the schwinn forum can u say 63 1/2 stingray burrito?

Back