Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd) - 3/15 TRADED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-6/19 Nekkid Nanner

Lowlife Lucas said:
The nanner looks better nekkid I think 8)

Jake Sensi said:
NEKKID WORKS FOR ME. BUST OUT THAT PAINT AND PUT SOME REVETS ON THAT SUCKA. I THINK THEREFORE -I RAT.
:wink:

dracothered said:
You could also just cut a piece of leather that only covers the part your set your back side on. It would leave the rest all natural or painted the color of your choice. Hope what I just said make sense to ya... :)

Not sure how I will dress it up yet. Some paint for sure. Rivets or studs or leather inserts are all things to noodle on. We'll have to see what FireWing tells me to do.

maybe you should make a beverage holder out of an old metal oil can with magnet on the bottom of it for the ledge of the seat.

the bare pan just fits man if the paint on it is anything like last year it will ROCK :!:

Troy

Lovin the nekkid nanner,also ole crosseyes... :D
lookin mighty fine I say....

Oh yeah, nekkid is the way to go! :D Fits the bike a lot better than the leather :wink:

Free bird nanner!!!! Way better looking without leather. You need to find a rat statue to mount to the back of it.

so many choices but i say cover 1/2 the seat in leather and leave the other 1/2 nekkid
and call it a banana split seat

Glad y'all are digging the nude nanner! Thanks for all of the compliments and ideas.

Time to start working on another piece of the bike this weekend. Stay tuned.

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-6/22 Flame Skirts

I was staring at one of my mock up pics the other night and this idea popped in my head. I like the way the flat black seat brace gives the primer red Elgin skirts a shadow box effect. How about continuing that 3-D look through the rear quarter with metal flames.

I came up with a flame design and sketched it out on art paper.
The one on the left will be painted flat black and mounted behind the fender stays and will have it's flame tips attached to the fender lip.
The one on the right will be painted primer red and mounted outside the fender stays. I may use standoff spacers between the two sheets.

The white paper is too distracting, so I painted it black and red (the top of my trashcan looks pretty cool right now). Taking a lunch break while it dries for a re-mockup.

Here is the painted paper mockup.

I like the paper mockup enough to commit to cutting it out of the flashing that I have.
Man this was some tedious work.

Still some work to do before I can mount them, but taped them up to see before we go out to dinner.

Thanks buddies! Still a lot to work out with the mounting of these.
Got back from dinner with a little bit of humid daylight. Sanded the panels and got a coat of FLAT paint on them. It was so humid that the flat paint still had a sheen 15 minutes later.

uber flamey cool dude :D

Troy

Brentley said:
Lovin' the flames there, i can't help but wonder what it would look like to have both sets under the guard? Well executed KF!

Thank! They will be mounted below the trailing edge of the skirts. Since the first time I mounted the skirts I have thought about putting flames behind them, but they just get lost and actually take away from the skirts.

Back