GLENDERSON - [winter build off]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for the advice, tips and feedback... it is appreciated and I am glad you are all following along :)

You should round the corners on those rockers. Make them look like its a fabricated pieces and not just flat stock with a couple holes.
Not trying to down grade you at all just trying to give advice
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rubsterob - yes, that was in the plan, just not done it yet :rolleyes:

Or sharpen them up like daggers!

Luke.

Luke - sharpened like daggers you reckon? Hmmm. Probably stick with nice safe rounded corners ;)

Rubber boots around the stick shift connections would make that transition so neat... That's the first thing I thought of when I saw suicide shifters made from grip shifters too. Roll on bro, got any big mock up pics yet?

Carl.

Carl - I was thinking about that but don't know where I will get something to suit. I have some bits of leather that I might put to use there :39:

And sorry Carl and Luke... no full mock up yet. I am itching to do that myself o_O

This build is....BOSS!!!

Nito

Nito - thanks... BOSS is good.:thumbsup:

I have noticed that many of your pictures don't show as viewable on Tapatalk.

dracothered - not sure about the Tapatalk thing. I don't use it yet, although I was thinking about downloading the app. Others don't seem to be having a problem seeing the images... or at least they haven't said anything. I have a website (currently outdated) and upload all my images to my web host provider, so I don't use photobucket or such-like sites for image hosting. That is also why I have not gone "Pro Member" here yet :)

Cheers all,

Glen.

I like Luke's idea! I made these rear dropout extentions out of 3/16 thick steel. You could do something similar with your front fork idea. These look deadly, but due to the thickness of the metal & rounding of the edges, they are not really sharp. Great build so far!

Well, my car died I think. I don't know that much about engines... but I know that banging, knocking sounds and dark smoke out the exhaust pipe is not a good thing. :(

I work on bikes or in the garden or do stuff on the computer to cope with depression, and the car kicking the bucket... or what sounds like a hundred buckets... is not doing me any good at all :banghead:

At least it is outside and I can still do stuff in the garage o_O

Ho hum... such is life :confused:

Glen.

That is no good Glen!
I really don't know what to say, other than I hope things improve for you soon!

Regarding depression, a few members of my family, including myself have issues with it, all I can say is that keeping active is what seems to help me the most...

Luke.

You got good people around you bro? Everything else is just stuff. Stuff ain't that important. You got skills and you got admirer's here man. If you're anything like me, you've had plenty of cars, they come and go. They're just machines, use em' till your done with em' and get another one.

Carl.

Sorry guys... no mock up today. Got some more paint on the rims though and also some on the frame while fixing up my flatmate/friend's bike. She doesn't drive and we relied on my car to go out and about when needed. No car means we both need ridable bikes. I will need to go into town tomorrow to get a brake cable for her bike.

Glen.

Sorry guys... no mock up today. Got some more paint on the rims though and also some on the frame while fixing up my flatmate/friend's bike. She doesn't drive and we relied on my car to go out and about when needed. No car means we both need ridable bikes. I will need to go into town tomorrow to get a brake cable for her bike.

Glen.
Is it a long ride into town?

Luke.

dude sorry to here about the car they can be pains!! love working on Bikes to help with work stress and nothin beats a nice ride on a tough day!1

Troy

Is it a long ride into town?

Luke.

Took me 20 minutes there... 10 minutes back... so no, not too far. But man... I am sooo unfit :blush:

17/02/2014

Here is a close (but slightly blurry) shot of the bars with the levers that will hopefully operate the brakes...

51_Bars.jpg

I was also working on the front end and did three mock ups.

Long rockers facing back for trailing link style makes the tyre too close to the down tube and looks like the brakes just don't work...

52_Front.jpg

Long rockers facing forward for leading link style gets the wheel way forward and looks pretty good but will most likely flop like nothings flopped before...

53_Front.jpg

My original rockers are shorter and I reckon look the best, and although I thought they wouldn't work with the band brake, it looks like they will... so the winner is...

54_Front.jpg

Hopefully :rolleyes:

Oh, and here is that long awaited mock up...

55_MockUp.jpg

As usual with my builds, I neglected to take the chain line into account when putting the frame together, so there might be some fun and games there... o_O

Glen.

dang love the front end!! this hole bike is looking sweeter and sweeter.

Troy

bad-news-everyone.jpg

Bad-news2.jpg

Yes, that's right... this build is sinking. I don't think it will be done by deadline. I will try to keep my head above water and continue plugging away at it, but I doubt that I can even get it to ridable stage by the end... which really is quite near :13:

EndIsNear1.jpg

Good luck to those that finish :113:

Today is the 22nd of February... 1 week to deadline. It is also the anniversary of my sisters death (12 years ago) and the anniversary of the big Christchurch earthquake (3 years ago) :(

On a happier note... there is a hot rod display on in town today, so if the rain clears, I might ride Rattled in to that.

Glen.

Hotrod show = Good Therapy! Hope things work out & you are able to finish.

Latest posts

Back