HAUL-iN ! CustomCycleTruck (Finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might want a 'steering stabilizer' for helping during the haulin' on Haulin'...and for when you stop to dismount. Here's mine for the Beer Boy I made during last year's BO....

IMG_20150521_194254.jpg
IMG_20150521_201955.jpg
IMG_20150521_202107.jpg

Just had fun catching up on about 4 pages of updates on your build. As always, your creativity, attention to detail, and execution are top shelf!
I love the car grille front stand idea. Also the rear cargo pegs are an excellent idea.

Looking good.
I asked Steve about using the logos and name, he said I could and thanked me for asking. I would assume he wouldn't have an issue with anyone doing it.( international free advertising)

Looking good.
I asked Steve about using the logos and name, he said I could and thanked me for asking. I would assume he wouldn't have an issue with anyone doing it.( international free advertising)
i have some memory problems some times, i am not sure if he did answer me or not :headbang: i think your right (free advertising) is how i see it too , could only bring more people to the forum .

Just had fun catching up on about 4 pages of updates on your build. As always, your creativity, attention to detail, and execution are top shelf!
I love the car grille front stand idea. Also the rear cargo pegs are an excellent idea.
:happy::dontmentionit:Thank you king !

You might want a 'steering stabilizer' for helping during the haulin' on Haulin'...and for when you stop to dismount. Here's mine for the Beer Boy I made during last year's BO....
View attachment 26500 View attachment 26499 View attachment 26498
yeah , i think your right , much cleaner than the rack braces that hold the tire, and it would help the wheel stay straight when the stand is not deployed too :thumbsup:

ill have to make a lever with a linkage to pull or deploy the stand i think , i want it to park before i get off and be on the bike before i remove the stand

Last edited:
Started the stand ,
welded aditional bars to mount it so it won't be in the way on the sides
DSCN6659_zps70uiri0y.jpg

OddJob look what i got made under there :happy: welded a nut on the frame so i have no braces to hold the screw , i can even adjust the spring tension and angle with the screws :thumbsup:
DSCN6660_zpsemncdrot.jpg

and found some cheap lights , ill be loosing or modifying the cases as they are way to big for nothing
DSCN6658_zpsgm3thdhb.jpg

i thought of a way to make the rack fold up and lock , but i am not sure its gonna work:39:... as for the front grill , i still did not find what ill use to make it and also how to mount the lights to it ... to be continued! ..

Last edited:
Well , instantly after this last post , i was digging through my metal stack searching for something to make a grill out of , but stumble acoss these 2'' pegs , Perfect size for the lights to fit over/in
DSCN6661_zpsro5ge4ia.jpg

chopp /cut /rebuild !
DSCN6664_zpsjjmhha75.jpg

decided to mount them independently to the rack top , so i can pivot them and use them when parked
DSCN6667_zpsxzmnufuv.jpg

but the grill i just made does move with the stand :D
hopping ill be abble to polish it to nearly chrome
DSCN6666_zps23jh8fln.jpg

Lights are awesome! And your steering stabilizer set up will allow you to add a more hefty spring if need be, you will have to test it with various load weights. The stand will definitely make it all stable once you are off the bike and can activate the legs. Nice!

After thinking , trying ,testing , planing , i decided to use cables for the stand.
not the prettyest setup , but it works really fine and its light

wen i was done i decided to go test the ride with pedals on and make a little video .. the ride is sweet !! :cool:

DSCN6668_zpsigkyawsg.jpg
DSCN6669_zpsa1cpbgnq.jpg
DSCN6670_zpsst4u7wzj.jpg

that litle bule handle is/was a chainbreaker handle that broke

Now that the stand is done ,intense brainstorming and fabrication is pretty much done! , ill move on to making a tank-plate and rack-top.
i start to see the light at the end of this big build:)

Looks good Man, how's the ride feel?
Great ride ! :thumbsup: perfect position ,
stearing feel good, i can drive with one hand ease,
tryied with no hands but had trouble , i think the dry bearings don't help:giggle: a little weird with that big rack swinging up front but i can get use to it , the pegs are very close to my heals when i pedal but they are removable and will only be used rarely

thinking of adding a licence plate at the back
something like
HAU-11N
and maybe this :giggle::21:
i_love_big_racks_apron-rb15cc205187c4d95bb47b7128fc202b8_v9uxt_1024.jpg

That's some top-notch fab work, 1HP!

I should have thought of a rack like this for Breakdown Beatnik! It could have came in handy for hauling more pinstripe stuff! ;)
hauling pinstripe stuff on this rack would be like:
Z2uZw.jpg

:rofl::giggle::bigsmile:
Thanks you :)

That's a lot of work, looks good! I can't remember if you said it already, but what do you plan to haul with this jewel?
Thanks man!
grosseries , project materials , empty cans , mostly anything that does not really require the bike trailer ... i have no cars and don't plan to spend money on one in the near furture ... i have acces to one sometimes , but i really only use it when it rain or in winter time

Back