HAUL-iN ! CustomCycleTruck (Finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the net! And if you don't need it for a particular load, just use bungee cord, or better yet, some bike cable or chain...
yep , got 4 short blue bungee straps just for that ;)

Rack Done !
(Warning Big Post):D

i router lines in the plywood to make it look like a bunch of planks,
stained dark brown with some blue shades .
really happy with how it turned out , have not even made pre-tests , just went at it
DSCN6693_zpsmpxgklm2.jpg
DSCN6686_zpsua8nvy9b.jpg

pierced about 30 holes in the rack frame for monting bolts ,those in the middle are treaded in the tubes , those on the edges have longer bolts with rubber nipples on them to serve as hooks for the net.
i also mounted a ''hidden'' pocket under , could be usefull .
the batterie pack/switch comes out by unscrewing 1screw and tiewraps
DSCN6694_zpstuq68xga.jpg

the paint is called stainless steel , since this bike will be put to use ,its a collor that scratch won't be too noticable.
i painted the grill and lights chrome , might also do the top head tube braces chrome to make contrast.
DSCN6687_zpsgcrtykus.jpg
DSCN6685_zpslyuj9zsh.jpg

lights up great !!:113:

The stem i use is from a bmx and have a hole in the top screw for a wire or something , it sparked a idea when i was looking at a place to mount the horn.. i drilled the bran new horn, treaded the hole in the top screw, and mounted it centered on the stem:bigsmile: it changed the sound of the horn for a funny clown horn sound , but i discovered i can tune the sound by bending the little flap inside , it now has a 1mm gap and sound much deeper :113:
DSCN6690_zpscylumodl.jpg

i think i have everything i need to finish it up now :cool:
DSCN6692_zpsww47ejs2.jpg

cleaning and painting the frame in the next days:hi:

Last edited:
The front rack turned out great. I really love the headlights/grille. This is definitely one of my favorite bikes.

Love the stain and 'planked wood' look! Your finishing touches are bringing this into the next level..... Rat on!

The front rack turned out great. I really love the headlights/grille. This is definitely one of my favorite bikes.
Love the stain and 'planked wood' look! Your finishing touches are bringing this into the next level..... Rat on!
:rolleyes:Thanks allot guys , your comments are very appreciated :nod::happy:

did not even touch the frame yet
but did do the vinyl graphics and tankplate braces

there will be the brake cable running across the top tube so i made use of the braces to hold it in place
DSCN6699_zpsqjdvh4uz.jpg

the vinyls are 2 layers , i cut the lettering in the silver, stick it on the blue one , then cut a outline in the blue to make my 2tone graphics
DSCN6698_zpsmy1blojz.jpg
DSCN6700_zpsh5aloal2.jpg

also in this last pic , you can see i painted the rack reinforcements in chrome .. also used the extra swrink wrap i had to cover the hooks on the bungee cords , that should help save the paint a little more longer

Where did you find these brass clips?
Made them form 1mm brass shim , same stuff i made my emblems with .. have plenty of it since i could only buy it in big roll , so i find any excuse to use the stuff now .. took me a good 3h of cutting and sanding

would be very nice on your elgin thank :nod:

This just keeps getting cooler every time I see it. The graphics look great too. I know I'm not the only one that can't wait to see this finished. It's not even put together yet and you already have my vote. Of course, I am a sucker for a nice cycle truck.:banana::rockout:

Latest posts

Back