I shall call him wilfrid the klunker(action video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker ( more progress and mo)

jats said:
Laurie Thom said:
Hmmmmm....tell ya what. This is mine! And :wink: , if ya feel the need to post anymore pictures of me looking my best :roll:, I think I may have to lay claim to another little beastie in the pile...that '48 Hawthorne is looking pretty good. And that Schwinn Varsity is an awful pretty... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Muahahahahahahaha!

Love ya

Momma JATS
Uhm, ok, uhm, sure. sooo since you have almost as many bikes as I do does that mean that I can keep more then 20 bikes in the house at a time? or do we say each get 15? And what are you talking about I thought I did a splendid job off showing off your eyes. :D :wink: :wink:
Uhm you need to do better than the eyes compliment or soon you won't have any bikes...

dracothered said:
jats said:
Laurie Thom said:
Hmmmmm....tell ya what. This is mine! And :wink: , if ya feel the need to post anymore pictures of me looking my best :roll:, I think I may have to lay claim to another little beastie in the pile...that '48 Hawthorne is looking pretty good. And that Schwinn Varsity is an awful pretty... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Muahahahahahahaha!

Love ya

Momma JATS
Uhm, ok, uhm, sure. sooo since you have almost as many bikes as I do does that mean that I can keep more then 20 bikes in the house at a time? or do we say each get 15? And what are you talking about I thought I did a splendid job off showing off your eyes. :D :wink: :wink:
Uhm you need to do better than the eyes compliment or soon you won't have any bikes...
hey sweety how would you like to go to dinner at your favorite resturant and Ill do the dishes to!!!!!!!!! :wink:

mitchelangelo said:
Wilfred is looking pretty sweet!
thank you very much

Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker (A little bit done)

did not get much done but here is the tank with the varnish on it

made a small loom to make the headlight mounting straps and a few other things

so not much today like I said but will be working on straps tonight! they are also jute and will be finished with varnish as well

Troy

LukeTheJoker said:
Love that tank!
Looking forward to seeing the jute and varnish straps come together too!

Luke.
thanks Luke! raining like crazy here so our holiday plans have been changed might get the head lights done today!! Weaving is not realy in my skill set but Momma jats is good at it so had a good teacher!!! it is fun though even with my sausage like fingers :D :D :wink:

Troy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Love ya,

Laurie

TY, TY, jammin to fire on the Mntn (live at JFK stadium Philly) Grateful dead and workin on lights think this will be Wilfrids theme song. Also thinkin we we should head to Uncle Jats in Humboldt then the Redwoods on wilfrid!!!! good trails and slow rangers :lol: :lol:

Troy

the short version 9 min 13 secs

Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker (A little more done)

alright today got a lot done on the lights and more weaving for the straps etc. will be hopefully getting the lights done and some pictures soon!

the loom was reviewed by Momma jats and found lacking she helped me redesign and showed me some more tips

as you can see she got me straightened out on my technique and now my straps look real sweet!! Thanks Momma Jats :D

the headlight it is part of the 1960's wildland fire fighters lamp (the one in my parts pile) and is now LED. the rear taillight is not done yet completed but with luck will have the hole system doe in a few days!

the battery can is being adapted to house the battery packs also

it rained most of the day so enjoyed a nice little warming fire in the back yard!!!!!!!! :lol:

Troy

LukeTheJoker said:
Any progress is good progress! I love converting old lights to led.
Are those straps going to be strong enough to hold the light on bumps?

Luke.
Yup, Jute is real strong stuff. the straps are to mount the battery can and for the head light head strap. going to keep the light design so I can remove the battery pack clip it to my belt and put the lamp on my head to use when Wilfred and I are camping. with the cord between the light and batteries I am thinking making a stand/boom to use it as table light, camp light, etc. :D Still working out the kinks on how to keep the head band bracket and have a solid mount when riding though.

Troy

jats said:
LukeTheJoker said:
Any progress is good progress! I love converting old lights to led.
Are those straps going to be strong enough to hold the light on bumps?

Luke.
Yup, Jute is real strong stuff. the straps are to mount the battery can and for the head light head strap. going to keep the light design so I can remove the battery pack clip it to my belt and put the lamp on my head to use when Wilfred and I are camping. with the cord between the light and batteries I am thinking making a stand/boom to use it as table light, camp light, etc. :D Still working out the kinks on how to keep the head band bracket and have a solid mount when riding though.

Troy
For me, the Jute stuff is starting to be the defining character detail for this build that sets it apart from the rest. I'm liking it! :D
I would like to see it used for the tank mounts in place of the hard metal straps. Of course there's always the point where too much of something can start to take away from the effect. Just a thought.

hmmm will have to give it a look :D ty

Troy

Neat springer and tank woodworking.

MazdaFlyer said:
Neat springer and tank woodworking.
thanks Dude much appreciated!

Troy

alright this is what i got done today lot of prep for lights etc!!

hear is the power wire for the rear light thinking this might be the finish also

the head light with the extendable cord is done and the final mounts and such will be done friday.

Tell me what ya think of the top tube finish test please and any sugjestions on how to replicate it.

Troy

Lots of cool and fun and functional details going into this build!

Back