I shall call him wilfrid the klunker(action video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker (A little more done)

Looking great. Especially the springer, very cool that it will actually function.

And the labor into the jute is very commendable. I don't have close to that much patience.

Thank you very much! and yes I think the frame is going to finished the way it is the fork not so sure what to do yet but a little primer and some scuffin might be the ticket!!

Troy

jats said:
I think the frame is going to finished the way it is the fork not so sure what to do yet but a little primer and some scuffin might be the ticket!!

Troy
I've had good success with using a dark gel stain over flat paint (or primer). The product that I've used is Bartley Gel Stain, but I'm sure that other brands will do the same thing. Just rub it on and wipe it off until you get the look that you want. After it drys you can clear over it if you need to. Good luck!
00622c1b-5257-41f2-b50d-8ca3a2fbbe61_300.jpg

thanks dude!!

Troy

If you strip the fork and use gun bluing without rinsing and sealing it will give you a nice deep rust with a blue base. May not be what you're after, just my two cents.

thanks dude that might be a nice accent to the original patina will check it out!

Troy

ok got tapped on a search and search and rescue that used up my days off this rotation back to work tomorrow but will be taking the loom with me and working on some more stuff!!

will have pics in a few days!!

Troy

Hi sweetie! Glad to have you home.

Loves...

so its been awhile work has been getting in the way of fun! Oh well, So its a little bit of new stuff and I'm back to work for 4 days then took some vacation!

Mock up of the decals

soon to be external electric connections for the tail light

head band strap for the headlight, a camp hatchet ( the metal piece was given to me I did the handle), future portage strap

headlight mounted but needs a little detail work on the straps and strap mounts. I pounced it, bounced it, shook it, and looked it firmly in the eye and could not get it to come loose.

the strap releases easily allowing removal of the headlamp and battery pack, there are 2 drain holes on what would be the bottem of the battery can that will be used for the taillight release studs. the 2 wire terminals will then attach to the head bracket allowing riding without the headlamp. still need to thread the pull strap ends back in to the weave and trim loose ends then varnish. the hatchet handle and wire harness have been varnished. the rubber blocks supporting the battery can are a rubber pedal block cut to fit then drilled with machine screws tapped into the upper shock bracket. The clip was salvaged off of a Wildland helmet that was damaged

Troy

You need to crank up that classic Lynyrd Skynyrd song - "Down South Jutin"

thanks guys!!!!!!!! on shift for 4 days then off for 10!!!!!!!!!! can't wait!!!! SHOP TIME :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D

Troy

jats said:
thanks guys!!!!!!!! on shift for 4 days then off for 10!!!!!!!!!! can't wait!!!! SHOP TIME :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D

Troy
AWESOME!
Looking forward to much progress!

Luke.

I just looked back through your pages, and I may have missed it, but what did your bars come off of?

yoothgeye said:
I just looked back through your pages, and I may have missed it, but what did your bars come off of?
there 4130 cromeoly and I bought them in 1983 for my Schwinn KIngsting. Over the years they have graced my many different bikes. figured they would go good with the Bio-pace gears :lol: klunker style :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol:

barring any silliness

I shall be back on Wilfred tomorrow :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Troy

Back