I Think I Just Became a Motorcycle Enthusiast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another Porsche powered bike.😲
1000001840.jpg

Sort of motorcycle. Engine built for sprint car oval racing.

"Made for Sprint Racing it was built in the 40's when a crate was something a hot rodder sat on. This is sheer genius-how do you come up with such a combination; Ford V8-60 crankshaft and rods held in a sheet steel block with four Triumph/BSA cylinders and heads on top. Because these are hemi heads this uses three chain driving camshafts, (the chains also drive the oil pump and mag). The standard V8 60 cam runs the intakes, and the other two operate the exhaust. The guys posting on this thought the intake was a heavily cut down Offenhauser unit. Cool the way the headers are grouped like a small block Chevy-which was about 5 or 6 years after this."
FB_IMG_1723319205395.jpg

^^^ And got one of my better grabs.

There's a lot of motorcycle art and mechanical sculpture in this thread. My ability in those field stops at bicycles.

Depends if you call business photography art. I lean more to artisan but anyway ... but mine's like:

One day on the roundabout near the Brisbane Entertainment Centre. Former 500GP rider on-board.

salty.jpg

Had over 30 murder-sickle bikes from the time I was 16 about 40. These are my last two, haven't ridden either of them in 5-6 years (20+ years in the business kind of killed the love :21: ). Left is a 2001 Bonne that I cafe'd before the Thruxton was a thing. Right is a 2004 Honda XR650L Supermoto conversion/money pit. The XR is about as far as you can take it without a stroker kit. I used to do track days on it. On the local twisty backroads, I would lose sight of my buddies on their sportbikes in the mirror...

bike pics.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back