Led-Sled Sidecar Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Led-Sled Sidecar Project - All Most Done

Well, since my last update I finished cutting, painting and installing the inside interior panels. I cut and painted some leftover material to cover the pvc supports and then used some power grab construction adhesive to install the panels. That stuff worked really good on holding in the panels. I was thinking that I would have to use some tape to hold them in place until it set up but....nope! It’s instant. I will go back and add some black silicone to the top of the panels to fill in any gaps and dust the side panels with one last coat of paint after I am all done with everything.

I ended up re-doing the seat back and at the same time I narrowed the seat bottom to make room
for the incoming side panels because the folding seat back frame and hardware were to close to
the inside walls.

Started work on the tanoue cover. I have been stitching......and stitching and fitting........stitching. :roll: :roll: Well you get the point. Hope to have the finished results soon.

Later HL

PICT0013-2.jpg

PICT0017-1.jpg

PICT0024-2.jpg

PICT0030.jpg

PICT0032-1.jpg

PICT0036-1.jpg

Half Link said:
Started work on the tanoue cover. I have been stitching......and stitching and fitting........stitching. :roll: :roll:

(Pee-Wee Herman voice) AND KNITTING, AND KNITING, AND KNITTING!!!

That's a piece of artwork :shock:

why is this fine piece of ....well awsomeness ...not on the front page yet ....this bike is so sweet it hurts my bad tooth ...WOW just great !!!!! mike

mikesbikes36 said:
why is this fine piece of ....well awsomeness ...not on the front page yet ....this bike is so sweet it hurts my bad tooth ...WOW just great !!!!! mike

Good point.

Thank you all for the the kind words and fuel to keep me going! :D

Hey yoothgeye! I hope I’m not the only one that tried that voice when I read your post!! Loved it!! Ha Ha!! :lol: :lol:

mikesbikes36 & Lonewolf thank you both for the nominations!! But I think the next upcoming front page will be Galtbacken 18!! That is one sweet ride!! 8) 8)

Hope to have some pictures of the completed tanoue cover soon!! Thanks guy's!!!

Later, HL

Finally finished hand stitching all of the tanoue cover. Wow, I thought I would never get it finished.
Just need to let it set in the sun for a few hours a days so it will truly take shape then I can get started on the aged look. The tanoue cover is so big in relation to the seat that it needs a little something added to give it that worn in look just like the seat. I have been trying different things on scrap pieces and you bet I will be trying Minwax stains on one or two of the samples. Thank’s Hooch for the idea! 8)

Later, HL

PICT0002-4.jpg

PICT0012-1.jpg

WOW!

All I have to say is you can go ahead and sell whatever bike your kid has. No way is he ever pedaling again!

and btw, what kind of bike is that?

OBX Jay, You couldn’t be more right!! It’s hard to keep my little buddy out of it!! :D :D The 2 wheel side of this is just a bunch of this and that all put together from different places, friends. local bike shops, the lhs and online.

yoothgeye said:
Thank you for teasing us, now show it to us installed.

Sorry Bro!!.....My bad!! I tried my best to get pictures taken with it installed that day but just flat ran out of time and daylight. But I was just so excited that I finally finished stitching the tanoue cover (for now) that I had to post pic’s.

Still working on finding the right aged look for the tanoue cover. Next step will be the inside liner for the cover and to complete the seat back. Hope to have them both completed soon so that I can post some completed pictures. :mrgreen:

Thank you iDood!! :D

Here's a sneak peak for you yoothgeye!

Later, HL

PICT0011-5.jpg

PICT0003-1-1.jpg

officially tha sickest crafsman ship iv seen......great work ....thanx for sharing :shock: 8) :mrgreen:

Back