Led-Sled Sidecar Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the way the hole combo is looking, awesome job!
Your son scored some really cool goggles, my congrats to him.

Make sure not to overload the sidecar, it may get to look unbalanced next to the bike.
Some times less is better. (most times I should take note of my own suggestions :roll: )
Project is amazing, keep up the excellent work :wink:

I have only been snooping around on this site for a few days now but this has to be the most ridiculous thing I have seen. I love everything about it! Will sidecars be allowed in the next build off? I was contemplating doing something like this but on a much smaller scale for my dog. Great work man keep it going!

That is soo cool! I agree with adding a silver tank to match the paint on the SC. Over-all, It turned out great!! I really like all the "spy hunter" switches.

On the wind shield idea, I think it might look good, but it's already at the point where it could be on a motorcycle. So why not add a mini screen? maybe a 2 or 3" hight?? :lol: I say make a posterboard template, copy it to mdf, then router it (if you have a router with a flush trim bit) into 1/8" plexi.

to anybody else out there that has the fortitude to do a side car, how 'bout a strip-down skeleton style?? I envision an open, formed seat attached in a similar manner as this one, to the bike. Basically just a seat on a frame and wheel with a very small fairing??? Just an idea, cuz I wouldn't put the time into it. :lol:

Again, great work!!

Re: Led-Sled Sidecar Project - All Most Done

Gdcast Yes, he really loves his goggles and me to! Can’t wait to see them on Momma!! :lol: :lol:

smalltown Thank Buddy!! I appreciate that very much! I hope by the time I complete it you will be able
to eat solid foods. :lol: :lol:

Galtbacken Thanks Man!! I just got it and will contact you soon!

outskirtscustoms Thanks!! I think it is up to about 65lbs now but with my 22 tooth sprocket and my
65lb. son on board it is still a really nice ride.

Cruisinmarine WOW!! Thank you! Those are some big shoes to fill, because I saw some really sweet bikes come out of the latest build off.

Cyclus Nocturn Thanks Bro!! A Sidecar Build Off!! Sounds like a great idea. Can I re-enter? :shock:

ADRNLN Thanks! You might see me pot up again with a tank on the bike. It is something that I have been thinking about.

I got the windshield all put together today. It took a little time to get it all dialed in and looking wright, but I finally got it there and I think it looks fitting with the bike and sidecar. I might make some small changes, but for now I think this will work. Next step will be the carpet on the inside and I will call it quits. Ha! Is any bike project called quits?

Later, HL

PICT0024-1.jpg

PICT0027-1.jpg

Granth - Thanks man!! That's funny I had know idea it would even turn out at all when I started. :shock:

deorman - Thanks! You know Chuck too! He and I go way back! We went to acting classes together.....He never really got it though! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Schrammi - Thank you very much for the kind words!

The other day when I was installing the carpet as I pulled my arm out I smacked the windshield kinda hard and cracked it at one of the screw holes. I was actually happy that I did because I really thought the windshield was a little to tall and needed something more, plus with it being made of plexi-glass I knew it was just a matter of time before it happened. So back to the local hs to buy some lexan and to the local auto store to purchase some chrome door edge molding and this is what I came up with. I think it looks better. :D

Later HL

PICT0001-4.jpg

PICT0010-2.jpg

Hey Terry! I appreciate that, thank you very much!!! I have guesstimated it to be about 65 added pounds but with me bumping up to a 22 tooth rear sprocket it rides better than before with a 44 - 18 combo without the sidecar. It’s just one great afternoon cruiser! 8)

Later HL

Since my last post I have redone the seat back do to the fact that I didn’t like the way it followed the inner shape of the sidecar body. I added a pull loop (handle) to the top r/h side of the seat so that I will be able to easily fold the seat forward for access to cold drinks behind the seat in the ice-chest!

I went through the garage cabinets and found some left over materials from some other projects for the inside of the sidecar. Items found; left over carpet from a vw build (carpet for the floor) left over material from my sons school project (the interior side fabric) left over 3M adhesive from the same project and power-grab adhesive from some other project. I did need to buy paint and foam board but my guesstimated total cost for the sidecar interior is around $9 bucks. Sweet!!

Later, HL

PICT0002-3.jpg

PICT0004-3.jpg

PICT0006-5.jpg

PICT0008-5.jpg

Half Link,
I think What you did with the dash panel is a good compromise. It looks finished now. Otherwise, the windshield and frame... Wow, this thing keeps getting better and better.

When I look at your creation, I can't believe it. I'm not into lowriders or hacks, but somehow what you have created is not to be denied. Easily one of the coolest bikes I have ever seen.

Great, great work.

Thank you very much Lonewolf!! It has been one long project and I can’t wait to get it done. Everything that I have done on this build has been a first time thing for me so I’m honored that you like it! :D

Thanks, HL

love this thing in everyway... what wheels are you running on the sidecar and bike?

Latest posts

Back